Winchester is a wonderful city located in Kentucky, United States. The county seat of Clark County, Winchester has an area of 7.7 square miles and a population of more than 18,300 residents, according to the 2010 census. With a rich history and an impressive cultural heritage, Winchester is the home of numerous historic sites. The city is filled with wonderful places of interest, being a popular tourist destination among visitors arriving from all around the state.
Hall's On The River Restaurant is a place that should not be missed by visitors arriving in Winchester. The service is outstanding, the views here are impressive, while the food is always delicious. There is no way you will be disappointed by the services you will find in this great Winchester spot.
Daniel Boone National Forest is a natural venue located in Winchester. The beauty you will be able to admire here will surely conquer you on the spot. Boating, fishing and hiking are just some of the activities that can be enjoyed in this great location. Hunting is another great activity that can be enjoyed here. Exploring this area will surely be a great idea, as there are numerous things to see here, including a beautiful and large lake.
Red River Gorge Geological Area is an impressive state park. There many types of activities that can be enjoyed in this Winchester area, but the park is also great to visit due to the fantastics views. Being in this place will be a one of a kind experience for all visitors. Walking and hiking are the most preferred activities here. You can easily relax while enjoying the calm views, as well.
Named after Winchester, VA, this town was founded in 1793 and quickly became one of the largest towns in Kentucky. Its downtown area is a National Historic Place, its famous Main Street is just one of the interesting places to visit in this old American town.
1. Bluegrass Heritage Museum: This unique museum covers the history of the Bluegrass area. The Bluegrass ways of life and working are shared in exhibits and activities for adults and children. Find out about the history of the area and its very special people.
2. Winchester Walking Tour: See replicas of Winchester's famous gas-burning street posts on the White Way, and find out why Winchester's Main Street is called “High on Main” by locals on this walking tour of the historic downtown area.
3. Annual Christmas Parade: If you happen to be in town for this spectacular tradition, grab a spot where you can see and cheer the floats as they go down Main Street, with a special theme every year.
4. Daniel Boone National Forest: Hike and explore the lush ravine country in the foothills of the Appalachians. With over 200 paths for hikers, as well as fishing, camping, and beautiful scenery, Daniel Boone National Forest will provide a memorable trip outdoors for the whole family.
5. See the sights of the Stone Fence Tour: Made mostly by Scottish immigrants and slaves before the Civil War, these fences were important markers of property lines. There beauty and masterful construction remains to be enjoyed today.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Winchester. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Winchester||Directions to Winchester||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|