Windsor is a charming historic community in the state of New Jersey, United States, located more exactly within Robbinsville Township, in Mercer County. The history of Windsor goes back to 1818, when the community was founded. At that time, it was named Centerville, as Windsor was the geographical center of New Jersey. According to the 2000 census, Windsor has a total population of 314 residents, with 50 homes registered in the area. Although many people have only heard of the neighboring East Windsor and West Windsor, this hidden gem will definitely impress you.
Top Attractions within Windsor
The Mercer County Park is a great recreational facility in the core of the nature, located only a few miles away from Windsor, and definitely worth visiting for those who want to spend a relaxing day in the outdoors. You will find here 12 softball fields, 7 soccer fields, 18 basketball courts, tennis courts, picnic areas, a marina, and the centrally-located lake itself, which allows for even more fun activities. Hiking passionates will love the trails here.
The Silver Decoy Winery is the place where you will get to taste some of the best local wines. Located in the adjacent East Windsor, the winery will impress you with the nicely decorated wine tasting room, which gave a rustic vibe to the place. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.
Americana Diner is a great dining venue in East Windsor, featuring a diverse menu. The numerous food choices will satisfy every budget. This is the best place to check out for a delicious, yet affordable meal. The service is excellent, so nothing will stand in the way of a great dining experience.
Sushi Kind is definitely the king of sushi food in East Windsor. Besides the numerous sushi options, the staff is very knowledgeable and ready to describe every type of sushi offered. If you dine by the bar, you will also have the chance to chat with the friendly chefs. This venue will charm you instantly!
East Windsor is a township situated in Mercer County, New Jersey. According to the 2002 census, the total population was 24,919, but this had grown to 26,926 by the time of the 2006 census.
Five things you must do in East Windsor:
1. Visit the Radio City Music Hall: This is a real fun place to spend time with family and friends. Admission is $15 per person.
2. See the Hightstown Annex Gymnasium: Gym instructors are available to provide expert advice on how to develop a fitness plan targeted at a specific sport. Hockey skills are practiced and training is provided for amateurs.
3. Explore the Clearbrook Golf Club: Many golf lovers enjoy playing a round or two on the courses 9 hole, bluegrass fairways, where green fees range from $20 to $49. Dress code is properly followed, with collared shirts and Bermuda shorts being required. Denim is definitely not allowed.
4. Explore the Cheesequake State Park: White Cedar swamp and hardwood forest are the main features of the park, which is covered with open fields, freshwater marshes, saltwater and Pine Barrens. It is an excellent example of the variations in vegetation that occur, due to the increasing gradient from the coastal habitat of the salt marsh, to slightly higher elevations inland.
5. Discover House Museum: This is a wonderful place for entertaining children. Its main aim is to improve creativity and instill a positive ethos in all of us. Families come here to share the joys of life by participating in thrilling games.