Finding a Cheap Car Rental in Woodbridge is Now Made Easy
Woodbridge is a CDP located in Prince William County, Virginia, United States of America. Woodbridge is situated near Washington, along the Occoquan and Potomac rivers. Woodbridge has approximately 4,000 residents and an area of a little over 10 square miles, according to a recent study. The town got its name from a wooden toll bridge that Thomas Mason build across the Occoquan River. If you plan visiting Woodbridge, you will need a few days to make sure you can see all its wonderful points of interest. Woodbridge is a great place to relax and to spend a few leisure days.
5 Things You Must Do in Woodbridge
Located near Washington, D.C., this town features many natural and historic wonders. While you're in town, you are a short distance from famous battle sites, memorials, and current places of government.
1. Visit the great Potomac River: This famous river begins in Fairfax Stone, West Virginia, but flows through some of the country's most significant early locations, including Washington, D.C. Come appreciate the beauty and the history!
2. Leesylvania State Park: This beautiful park on the Potomac offers guided tours of the land, plus bass fishing and picnic areas. You can also camp here, if you want a night under the stars.
3. See the stars at the Lazy Susan Dinner Theatre: This well-known dinner theatre serves a Pennsylvania Dutch buffet plus a Broadway show. Come see the newest imports from New York over a delicious traditional dinner!
4. Arlington National Cemetery: Located in nearby Arlington, this cemetery holds the graves of many significant Americans, including its soldiers. Take some time to visit this historic and significant memorial to devoted citizens of this country.
5. JohnF. Kennedy Memorial: Found in Arlington National Cemetery, this site holds the graves of the assassinated president, his wife Jacqueline, and their two infant children. It is the most visited of all the graves at Arlington, and the Eternal Flame memorial is an unforgettable sight.
Top Attractions within Woodbridge
Potomac Mills is a large shopping mall located downtown. This Woodbridge mall opened on September 19, 1985 and is owned by Simon Property Group. This was the first that opened in Woodbridge. In present, it has 225 stores, 22 anchor tenants and a large number of restaurants. Besides all these, this mall also benefits of a food court offering a large variety of cuisines.
Occoquan Bay National Wildlife Refuge is an area of 644 acres. Approximately half of this area is a wetland. It was established in 1998 and since then, this is an important attractions of Woodbridge. The beautiful refuge can be visited by car, but you can also walk through it or ride a bicycle.
Sakura Japanese Steak and Seafood House is a great restaurant located downtown Woodbridge. It offers delicious dishes of the wonderful Japanese cuisine and it is opened every day of the week. If you want to enjoy a great dining experience, try Salmon Ceviche, Sakura Deluxe Sashimi and a slice of fresh made Cheesecake.
Silver Diner is an authentic American diner that you can enjoy in the city center of Woodbridge. It has comfy boots, jukeboxes and a great atmosphere. What most matters, the food, is always fresh and comes hot and tasty.