Yuba City Car Rental Comparison: Slashed price at all times!
Yuba City is a beautiful city located in California, United States. Part of Northern California, Yuba City is the county seat of Sutter County. With a population of more than 64,900 residents, as the 2010 census indicated, Yuba City has an area of 14.656 square miles. Yuba City was founded in 1849, but incorporated as a city only in 1908. With an impressive development, a great cultural heritage and numerous spots of an unique beauty, Yuba City is a great destination to visit on your next trip. If you are going to be in the city soon, make sure to visit some of its most important places of interest.
Top Attractions within Yuba City
Marcello's Italian Restaurant is one of the best places to eat in while visiting Yuba City. The food served in this spot is always great, while the prices are really affordable. The warm atmosphere and the impressive hospitality you will find here will surely help you enjoy a trilling experience.
The Refuge Restaurant & Lounge is a great American traditional eatery. Fresh and really delicious food is served in this location, including creative sandwiches. No matter if you are going to order a salad or you will opt for fresh seafood, you will definitely be able to enjoy a great meal.
Sam Brannan Park is a lovely park located in Yuba City. Amenities of the park include covered picnic areas, playgrounds, a swimming pool, but also tennis courts, a skate park and numerous walking trails.
Sikh Parade is one of the most important events to be hosted by the beautiful city. The festival starts in the first Sunday of November and includes an impressive parade which actually manages to draw more than 75,000 people in attendance.
The Community Memorial Museum of Sutter County was established in 1975. The museum depicts the history and cultural heritage of the area, displaying numerous Maidu artifacts, but also exhibits from the early settlement of the city.
5 Things You Must Do in Yuba City
Yuba City in California remains vibrant and beautiful after 100 years as a town. 2008 marks the 100th anniversary of Yuba City's incorporation as a city. So this year is a great time to visit this jewel of the west.
1. Exercise your shopping muscles on Plumas Street: In the center of Yuba City, go shopping in the historic 1920's buildings. There are dozens of unique shops and places to eat, as well as fountain where you and your companions can rest and take in the bustling surroundings.
2. Enjoy the great outdoors at the elegant Ellis Lake: Situated in nearby Marysville, Ellis Lake was designed by John McLaren, who designed Golden Gate Park. If you come to visit Ellis Lake, you can take a walk along the water, have a picnic, or use the pedal boats that are available.
3. Bok Kai Temple: Bok Kai is the only Chinese temple of its kind in the United States. It was built in 1880 by Chinese immigrants who needed a place to worship. To this day, the Chinese population of the area centers on this beautiful work of art.
4. Bicentennial Living Witness Tree: This Valley Oak is over 200 years old, which means it was alive at the birth of our country. A great spot for pictures, reflection, and gathering of friends.
5. Gauche Aquatics Park: This park is a great place for fun for the whole family. It includes competitive-size swimming pools, as well as picnic areas and climbing, and play equipment for younger children. There is even a water slide for the little ones!