Top 5 Father's Day Destinations in the USA
After celebrating Mother's Day, it's time to honor all the hardworking and loving dads out there. There are many ways on how you can make your dad feel special on Father's Day. It could be as sweet and simple as greeting him on the phone or as grand and fun as throwing a big party for him. But it would be more awesome if you go on a road trip with your dad and create wonderful memories together. That's why we at VroomVroomVroom have listed down the best Father's Day destinations below to make it easier for you to plan your next trip.
Party like a rock star in Las Vegas
Did your dad give up his party lifestyle for your family? Let him experience being young, wild and free again by taking him to Vegas. You can also arrange a getaway for him with his close pals just like in the 2013 film “Last Vegas” which featured Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman, and Kevin Kline. Sin City isn't all about crazy parties and casinos, there are other activities that your old man can enjoy.
Where to stay: There are many hotels and resorts in Las Vegas, but we think that Excalibur is perfect to make your dad feel like a King or a Knight. If your father is a fan of the Bee Gees, you can watch the 75-minute multi-media tribute show. After the show, feast on the finest cuts of beef and freshest seafood at the Camelot Steakhouse.
Things to do:
- Play a crime-solver for a day by trying the CSI: The Experience located in the District across the Grand Garden Arena.
- Experience driving a luxurious race car including a drift-ready Corvette ZO6 and Audi R8 by joining the Exotics Racing at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- If your dad loves playing golf, then make sure to take him to Topgolf Las Vegas, which is a massive entertainment venue that features interactive golf game.
Getting there: There are many depots across Las Vegas where you can pick up your car, but you can also pick it up from Las Vegas Airport if the hotel doesn't offer free shuttle from the airport. From the airport, it only takes around 12 minutes to get to the Las Vegas Strip via Swenson Street and El Flamingo Road. From the Strip, drive along I-15N to reach the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Feel the love and romance in Honolulu
If your dad is the romantic type, then arrange a second honeymoon for him and your mom in Honolulu. You can always tag along with your siblings, but make sure to give your parents some space to rekindle their love. You can also book a convertible for them so they can cruise along the Diamond Head Road or Pali Highway.
Where to stay: If you got money to splurge, then book a room at the internationally-acclaimed Halekulani located in Kalia Road. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head right in your own suite. They also offer Gentleman's Choice Menu at their spa which is perfect for your dad.
Things to do:
- There are many restaurants in Honolulu that offer buffets and all-you-eat feasts but one thing you must try is Chef Chai's lobster and king crab legs buffet.
- One of the most romantic things you can do in Hawaii is dining, cruising and watching the sunset and you can let your dad experience that at Pacific Star Sunset Buffet & Show Cruise.
- Get a dose of Elvis Presley at Rock-A-Hula where you can watch the top impersonators perform hits from the King of Rock 'n' Roll, indulge in gourmet food and take home a King's scarf.
Getting there: If you are picking up your car rental at the Honolulu Airport, it will only take around 32 minutes via I-H-1 E to get to Halekulani Hotel. From the hotel, drive along Ala Moana Boulevard to reach the Star of Honolulu for the cruise. If you prefer going to Rock-A-Hula first, then it only takes 5 minutes via Saratoga Road and Kalakaua Avenue from the hotel.
Get the sports fever in San Francisco
San Francisco is home to many popular major league teams including the Golden State Warriors, San Francisco 49ers and the San Francisco Giants that's why this is the perfect place to bring your sports fanatic dad. Aside from sports, there are also many popular landmarks in the city that are worth exploring such as the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island and Fort Point National Historic Site.
Where to stay: If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, then the ideal place to stay is at Hotel Drisco which is located atop San Francisco's upscale neighborhood Pacific Heights. The hotel is just a short drive to the Golden Gate Park, Crissy Field and Palace of Fine Arts.
Things to do:
- Watch an exciting baseball game at the Oakland Coliseum which is also the home of the Oakland Raiders and Oakland Athletics.
- If you want to watch other sporting events, head to the Golden Gate Tap Room which features 20 screens airing live games. They also have arcade games, pool tables, shuffleboard, foosball and other game hall classics.
- See the city at a different perspective by going on a Vista Grande Tour. Hop on a Bell Jet helicopter and enjoy the amazing views of San Francisco from above.
Getting there: There are several car rental depots located across San Francisco, but if you are flying to the city via San Francisco Airport, you can also pick up your rental car there. From the SFO, it only takes 25 minutes by car to get to Hotel Drisco via US-101 N. From the hotel, you can drive along I-80 E and I-880 S to reach the Oakland Coliseum.
Feel like a bachelor in Portland
Let your dad experience how's it like being a bachelor again by taking him to Portland, Oregon. You can even arrange a road trip for your dad and his friends since there are many wonderful day trips from Portland including the Multnomah Falls, which is just 30 minutes away from the city. They can also go camping in Barton Park or Champoeg State Park.
Where to stay: If you want to get a great view right in your own room, then make sure to book an Executive Terrace or Terrace Studio Suite at the Sentinel. Your dad will surely enjoy reading a book while having complimentary coffee at the Room At the End of the Hall and having steak and seafood at Jake's Grill all located within the hotel.
Things to do:
- Imagine 70 breweries pouring over different kinds of beers, meads, and ciders accompanied with live music and great food – your dad can experience all of that at Brew Camp.
- If you want to learn more how beers are made, then you can hop in the Portland BrewBus which offers four-to-five-hour tours of selected breweries in the area.
- Explore Mount Hood and enjoy various indoor and outdoor activities such as Magic Mile Sky Ride, hiking, and mountaineering at the Timberline.
How to get there: If you are arriving from Portland Airport, you can drive your rental car to I-84 W to get to Sentinel Hotel and it will only take around 26 minutes. If you prefer going straight to Timberline Lodge and Ski Area, it will approximately take an hour and half to get there via US-26E.