Picking Up Your Rental Car From An Airport
VroomVroomVroom has put together a few things to keep in mind, so you are able to pick up your car rental quickly and efficiently.
- Once you have arrived at the airport, find the car rental counter. If you included your flight information when you booked your rental car, your vehicle will be ready for you at the correct terminal.
- Make sure you have your identification and important information. Before you reach the counter, ensure you have your identification on hand, booking details, and payment method.
- Check your rental for any damage. If there are any issues with the vehicle make sure you document it via video and/or photo. If there is major damage, you should ask for a new vehicle. After you have received a copy of your contract, you can start your journey.
- Want to extend your car rental booking? In busy times, you may not be able to extend your booking. When you book your car rental, pick the correct dates from the get go, to avoid any issues with the car rental company. If you take out an insurance policy, make sure it aligns with the same dates in your car rental booking.
- Ask the car rental company where the closest fuel station is. By doing this you will know where to go to fill up your car hire on your way back to return the vehicle.
Please note: Booking your rental in advance is highly recommend. Don't expect to land in your destination and pick up a car rental you haven't booked. In some instances, there will be cars available, however you don't want to risk the chance of missing out on a car and not having a back-up plan. Book ahead of time to be prepared and have peace of mind!
Popular airports in the U.S.
- John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK): Picking up a rental car at New York's biggest airport is easy. Rental car counters are found at the arrivals area of each terminal near the baggage carousel. The vehicles themselves can be found by taking the AirTrain to Federal Circle Station.
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW): The Rental Car Center can be found at the south entrance of the airport. Customers should follow signs to the pick-up area at the lower section of the terminal and board one of the shuttle buses. The journey to the Rental Car Center takes just ten minutes.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): Most car rental companies have shuttles that pick you up and take you to the car rental locations. These just a short drive away from the airport.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO): Most of the major car rental companies are located in the terminal on the Ground Transportation Level. You'll find the car rental service desks on Side A and B of the terminal.
- Logan International Airport (BOS): Find all car rental companies at Boston Logan Airport at the Rental Car Center. The blue and white shuttle buses take customers to the center from the lower level of each terminal.
- Denver International Airport (DEN): Car rental service desks are located outside of the terminal. You can reach them by taking a shuttle from Jeppesen Terminal Level 5 at Island 4.
- Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL): The Rental Car Center is just a few minutes from the main terminal via the SkyTrain. The train runs every 15 minutes.
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO): Pick up your vehicle from the airport's Rental Car Center. From any of the airport terminals, take the AirTrain Blue Line to the Rental Car Center, which will be signed.
- O'Hare International Airport (ORD): A rental car is a great way to travel around Chicago. You can find the car rental companies at the airport by taking one of the free shuttles at the Arrivals area outside of Baggage Claim.
Click here to know more about Airport Car Rental.