Top 6 Romantic Getaways in the USA
Itching to go on a romantic weekend escape with your sweetie? VroomVroomVroom has compiled a list of the best getaways for couples in the United States. From the pristine beaches and lush forests in Maui to stunning sunset celebration at Mallory Square Dock in Key West, these incredible destinations are perfect if you want to put a smile on your partner's face.
Key West, Florida
Situated on the southernmost end of the Florida Keys, this island has attracted millions of tourists over the years because of its beautiful beaches and laid-back atmosphere. Key West is perfect for those who are searching for a memorable seaside adventure. There are many romantic things that couples can do in this area.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the ocean from the top of the Key West Lighthouse or witness a wedding at The Ernest Hemingway Home & Museum.
- Visit Fort Zachary State Park in the afternoon for a beach picnic that is picture-perfect. Sample delicious treats from a local eatery and then walk along the beach together.
- As the sun starts to set, don't forget to join the Key West Sunset celebration in Mallory Square. You can watch street performers, enjoy a variety of treats and grab a drink to toast the romantic sunset with your partner.
Directions: You can pick up your car rental in Key West or rent a car from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). Driving time from the airport to Key West is about 3 hours and 30 minutes via US-1 S.
Maui, Hawaiian Islands
Maui is another popular paradise for couples. With its luxurious resorts, pristine beaches and lush forests, the island is the second largest in the archipelago after the Big Island. There are many amazing places to explore on Maui. These include a day trip to Hana and Lanai. Make sure to get a reliable car rental because you will have to pass by more than 59 historic bridges to reach the village!
- Couples (and even singles) can go on a sunrise trip to the summit of Mt. Haleakala, where the views are simply amazing.
- Journey to the "Pineapple Island" of Lanai. Snorkel at Hulopoe Beach, relax in the sun, or get a guided tour of Lanai city.
- Stay at Hyatt Regency Maui on Kaanapali Beach for an evening filled with the exotic flavors of authentic Polynesian food, exciting storytelling, dance and culture.
Directions: You can rent a car in Kahului, which is a small city on the island of Maui and drive along State Highway 378 to reach the summit.
Napa Valley, California
If you are in search of great food and wine matched with an intimate setting, then the best place to visit is Napa Valley. The picturesque wine country in California is known for its world-class wineries and gourmet food. For a unique wine and dine experience, visit the Napa Valley Wine Train where you get to enjoy multiple course meals inside a luxurious rail-car. To make you feel like you are in seventh heaven, try the hot air balloon ride.
- A visit to Domaine Chandon is a must-see for everyone who wants to taste and learn more about wine.
- Sign up for a private hot air balloon ride with Balloons Above The Valley to experience Napa Valley from a bird's-eye view and enjoy the beautiful rolling hills and lush vineyards.
- Make a stop at what is arguably the most romantic restaurant in the area. The Bouchon offers traditional French cuisine cooked up by renowned chef Thomas Keller.
Directions: If you are coming from San Francisco Airport, the fastest route to take is via I-80 E. Driving time is about 2 hours and 4 minutes.
Hailed as one of the "world's friendliest cities" by Condé Nast Traveler readers, take your partner on a Savannah getaway for the ultimate romantic road trip. Located just a short drive from Georgia, you'll be in awe of tree-lined drives, spectacular architecture, historic buildings, rich plantations, and amazing dishes.
- If you want to immerse yourself in the natural environment, go canoeing with your partner on one of the rivers in the coastal Georgia area of Savannah with Wilderness Southeast Wildlife & Nature Tours.
- Love to dive into history? Consider making a stop at the Birthplace of Juliette Gordon Low, founder of Girl Scouts of the USA.
- If you two want to have a memorable fine dining experience and like to sample an award-winning Southern Coastal menu, be sure to reserve a table at Elizabeth on 37th. Diners and guests are treated a seasonal menu and nightly specials.
Directions: You can pick up your car rental in Georgia and go on a 2-hour drive via I-16 E to get to Savannah.
Las Vegas, Nevada
This list won't be complete without Las Vegas, which is famous for its world-class casinos, hotel resorts, and clubs. You can experience the romantic ambiance coming from different parts of the world without leaving the Sin City – from the Venetian's gondola ride to The Bellagio's dancing fountains and Paris Las Vegas' Eiffel Tower.
- Take a ride at sunset or at night to take in the amazing views of Las Vegas and the Strip from the top of the High Roller at the LINQ.
- If you thinking of a romantic moment (a proposal) perhaps, you can go on a gondola ride around the Venetian Hotel and pay for a private ride.
- For some relaxation, don't forget to get your couples massage at the Aria spa, which is listed as one of the Best Vegas Spa Experiences by Travel and Leisure Magazine.
Directions: If you will be arriving at Las Vegas Airport (LAS), you can also rent a car from there and go on a 15-minute drive via McCarran Airport Connector and I-15 N to explore the city.
Dubbed as “The Valentine State”, Arizona has become one of the most visited destinations for couples. It earned that nickname because it was proclaimed the country's 48th state on February 14, 1912. Clarkdale is one of the best places for couples to visit together because this is where you will find the depot of the Verde Canyon Railroad and the railway museum.
- Get your partner into kayaking and discover the natural scenery of Arizona with the Clarkdale Company.
- Listed as one of National Geographic's Best 22 Worldwide Locations, paying a visit to the Arizona Copper Art Museum is well-recommended.
- Want a more relaxed adventure? Then why not take the Verde Canyon Railroad Wilderness Route. The four-hour rail trip will lead you on a 20-mile journey through inspiring geology wrapped in railroad history.
- If you and your lovey-dovey enjoy drinking together, make sure to stop at Chateau Tumbleweed Winery & Tasting Room.
Directions: Rent a car in Flagstaff and drive about an hour to reach Clarkdale via I-17 S.