Enterprise Terms & Conditions
The below T&Cs (including prices and taxes) are provided by Enterprise and may change without notice to VroomVroomVroom.com.
This quote includes:
- Location service charge.
- Stamp duty.
- Signified kilometre amount (generally unlimited, see Enterprise for extra mileage charges).
- Vehicle licensing charge.
- One way fees if applicable.
- Airport taxes and surcharges if applicable.
- All vehicle fees related to the booking, eg. Vehicle drop fees, all recovery fees, premium location fees, corporate location fees wherever applicable.
This quote will not include:
- Insurance (See next paragraph*)
- Child seats or booster seats Rates vary by location but average about $10.00 per day. Child seats are available at some locations, but cannot be reserved online at this time. Please contact the Enterprise office in the city you wish to rent from to discuss the availability of child seats.
- Extra miles (if your rental has limited mileage, each additional kilometre over the limit will be charged )
- An age surcharge of approximately USD$10.00 - $15.00 per day for renters under 25 years of age (can vary location to location)
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival, e.g. vehicle snow equipment.
- All extras and additional services will attract additional local percentage taxes and surcharges. Prices below are exclusive of these as they vary state to state.
Modifying your booking may change the original quoted price. For details on how to modify your booking please click the 'My Booking' tab above.
* Important information about car rental insurance
For US citizens
Some US credit cards and personal car insurance policies do provide car rental insurance so please check with your credit card provider and personal auto insurance policy for details.
Visiting the US from another country
It is illegal to drive in the US without car insurance. Your travel insurance probably only covers the excess so check the fine print in your travel insurance policy.
For more information please see our U.S. car rental insurance guide.
See below for more Enterprise Terms and Conditions
OR see Enterprise for further details
* All extras and additional services will attract additional local percentage taxes and surcharges. Prices below are exclusive of these as they vary state to state.
- Meet the renting location's minimum age requirements.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Have a major credit card in their name at the time of rental or meet the locations cash qualification requirements. (Note: See cash qualification requirements if wanting to rent with cash and/or Debit Card. ;Not all locations allow cash rentals).
- Enterprise Locations require a rental deposit in addition to the cost of rental amount
- The minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old and there is no maximum age restriction in the United States and Canada.
- A Young Renter Fee may apply to your rental if you are between the ages of 21 and 24. The average cost is approximately $20.00 per day but can be higher or lower based on the rental location.
- Renters 21 through 24 years of age may only rent Economy through Fullsize cars.
Exception: United States Government Employees - On Orders
- A United States Government Employee can rent at 18 years of age, but must show the rental location his or her official orders.
- The minimum age to rent is 18 years old as mandated by the state.
- Any driver 18-20 years of age will be charged an additional fee of $40.00 per day.
- Any driver 21-24 years of age will be charged an additional fee of $25.00 per day.
Exception: New York State
- The minimum age to rent is 18 years old as mandated by the state.
- Any driver 18-20 years of age will be charged an additional fee of $57.00 per day
- Any driver 21-24 years of age will be charged an additional fee of $20.00 per day
Additional drivers are allowed with the following criteria being met:
- meet all age requirements
- appear at the rental counter with the primary renter
- present a valid driver's license
- present a major credit card in their name at the time of rental, or meet the locations cash qualifications requirements.
This fee varies by region, but "typically" averages $12.00 per day per additional driver and applies to any additional driver except the following:
- There is no additional driver fee in the US or Canada for authorized drivers. Authorized drivers would be a spouse or domestic partner (either same or opposite sex) who meets the locations rental requirements.
- There is no additional fee in the US or Canada for one surrogate driver for a mobility impaired renter who meets the location's rental requirements.
- Note: State law in California, Illinois, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon and Wisconsin allows the spouse to be an automatic authorized driver they meet minimum age and driver's licence requirements.
North America - United Statesand Canada:
- License must be issued from the State/Province of Residence.
- License may not be expired.
- No Learners Permits or photocopies of any kind.
- A temporary DL will not be accepted.
- License must be inspected at the time of rental.
As stated above, expired Driver's Licenses are not accepted. The only exception to this practice is a renter that is Active Military, with an Active Military ID and a Driver's License issued from a state with a Military Extension Policy.
Residents of the Province of Ontario, Canada must hold a G2 License.
All renters in Arizona with a driver's license issued outside of the United States or its territories must produce a valid Passport. US Territories include American Samoa, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, the Federated States of Micronesia, and the Midway Islands.
All renters in Nevada with a driver's license issued outside of the United States or its territories must produce a valid Passport. US Territories include American Samoa, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, the Federated States of Micronesia, and the Midway Islands.
At all California airport and rental locations, renters with driver's licenses issued outside of the United States or its territories must produce a valid Passport. US Territories include American Samoa, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, the Federated States of Micronesia, and the Midway Islands.
International Renters (Renting in the US or Canada):
- License must be issued from the Country of Residence.
- All drivers must have a valid non-expired driving license and photographic identification to be produced at the time of rental.
- Two part license holders must produce both parts.
- International Drivers Permit required if the license is not in English
If the driver's license is in a language other than English, but the characters are in English (i.e.alphabet is an extended Latin-based alphabet like German, Spanish, etc.), an International Driver's Permit is recommended but not required.
Note: An International Driver's Permit is a translation of the individual's home country driver's license and is not an indication of the status, restrictions or type of license the individual holds.
If the driver's license is in a language other than English and the characters are not in the English language (i.e. Russian, Chinese, etc.) an International Driver's Permit is required.
Note: Customers are not allowed to rent a vehicle with only an International Driver's Permit
Payment Policy - Credit Card
Payment Policy - Debit CardNot all branches accept Debit Cards. The debit card policy can be found for the specific branch when booking a reservation. Debit/check cards are considered to be any non-credit card bearing the VISA, MasterCard Logo. Any other non-credit card without the VISA, MasterCard logo is not accepted. If a Debit Card is accepted the card must be in the same name as the renter. (Deposit amount varies by location from $100 to $300 plus the actual cost of rental).
Please review the following guidelines:
- When renting in the US: Debit Cards will be accepted with proof of a round trip travel ticket (airline,cruise ship or train) at time of rental.
- Pick-ups in the United Stateswithout proof of a roundtrip ticket: Debit or check cards are only accepted when returning the vehicle.
Enterprise vehicles are not allowed to travel into Canada or Mexico unless:
- You have a corporate contract agreement that allows travel into these countries.
- A branch located close to the border may allow limited travel into Canada or Mexico; you must contact the branch directly to determine limitations and availability.
- Not all locations allow travel into Mexico. For travel into Mexico you will be required to purchase Insurance covering the rental vehicle while in Mexico.
- Mexican citizens may not take US owned rental vehicles into Mexico at any time.
Travel Out of StateUnited States:
- You may travel within the state you are renting the vehicle. Typically the states that directly border the renting state are also allowed but you will need to confirm with the location.
- Mileage will be unlimited when the vehicle remains within the renting state and any allowed bordering states. However, if wanting to travel outside of those states, mileage is restricted and can result in an additional charge per mile.
Insurance Coverage offered by Enterprise
Enterprise Car Rental Reservations (open 24 hours) 1-800-261-7331
Damage Waiver (DW)
Damage Waiver (DW) ranges between $11.99 and $16.99 per day. DW is offered at the time of rental for an additional daily charge. If the renter accepts DW, enterprise waives or reduces the renter's responsibility for loss of, or damage to, the rental vehicle (including but not limited to towing, storage, loss of use, administrative fees and/or diminishment of value) subject to the terms and conditions of the rental agreement and applicable laws. DW is not insurance. The purchase of DW is optional and not required to rent a car. The protection provided by DW may duplicate the renter's existing coverage. Enterprise is not qualified to evaluate the adequacy of the renter's existing coverage; therefore the renter should examine his or her credit card protections, automobile insurance policies or other sources of coverage that may duplicate the protection provided by DW.
Personal Accident Insurance / Personal Effects Coverage (PAI/PEC)
Personal Accident Insurance/Personal Effects Coverage (PAI/PEC) is offered at the time of rental for an additional daily charge. If accepted the PAI contained in the policy provides renter and renter's passengers with accidental death, accident medical expenses and ambulance expense benefits. The PEC contained in the policy insures the personal effects of the renter, additional drivers, or any member of the renter's immediate family who permanently resides in the renter's household and who is traveling with the renter against risks of loss or damage. Benefits are payable in addition to any other insurance coverage the renter or passengers may have. This is a summary only. PAI/PEC is subject to the provisions, limitations and exclusions of the PAI/PEC policy underwritten by empire fire and marine insurance company or empire indemnity insurance company depending on the rental location. The purchase of PAI/PEC is optional and not required to rent a car. The coverage provided by PAI/PEC may duplicate the renter's existing coverage. Enterprise is not qualified to evaluate the adequacy of the renter's existing coverage; therefore the renter should examine his or her personal insurance policies or other sources of coverage that may duplicate the coverage provided by PAI/PEC. The fee for PAI/PEC is between $3.00 and $7.00 per day.
Supplemental Liability Protection (SLP)
Supplemental Liability Protection (SLP) can be anywhere between is $16.00 - $15.00 per day. Supplemental Liability Protection (SLP) is offered at the time of rental for an additional daily charge. If accepted, SLP provides the renter and authorized drivers with up to $1,000,000 combined single limit for third party liability claims. If the renter accepts SLP, enterprise provides third party liability protection up to the applicable minimum financial responsibility limit and empire fire and marine insurance company provides excess third party liability insurance coverage from the applicable minimum financial responsibility limit to $1,000,000. This is a summary only. SLP is subject to the terms, conditions, provisions, limitations and exclusions in the supplemental rental liability insurance excess policy underwritten by empire fire and marine insurance company. The purchase of SLP is optional and not required to rent a car. The coverage provided by SLP may duplicate the renter's existing coverage. Enterprise is not qualified to evaluate the adequacy of the renter's existing coverage; therefore the renter should examine his or her personal insurance policies or other sources of coverage that may duplicate the coverage provided by SLP.