San Diego Car Rental Comparison
In San Diego, car rental is easy and smart!
Most travelers to San Diego will touch down at San Diego International Airport, located about three miles northwest of the downtown business district and about 15 miles from the Mexican border at Tijuana. San Diego International is a very busy single-runway airport, with around 550 daily arrivals and departures. In addition to domestic flights, the airport serves passengers headed to Canada, Mexico, Japan and the United Kingdom. It's also notable that the nearby Tijuana International Airport offers nonstop flights to Shanghai, China.
At San Diego International, you will find rental car reservation boards near baggage claim in both terminals. Customers can use courtesy phones to call for a free shuttle to the off-airport location of a car rental company. This isn't necessary during peak arrival times, as major rental car providers – including Advantage, Avis, Enterprise and Hertz – keep shuttles waiting outside the terminals. So you may want to check the center traffic aisle at Terminal 1, or the traffic island at the west end of Terminal 2, before calling for your shuttle.
Another great reason to book a cheap rental car is the somewhat unique Southern California terrain. In San Diego, there are around 200 deep canyons separating its mesas, and this creates small opens spaces throughout the hilly city. Residents traditionally built businesses and residential developments atop the mesas, leaving the canyons to nature. As a result, San Diego's canyons create gaps between segments of the town, meaning your car rental – and probably a good mapping service – will be an important decision since it can be a challenge to navigate the beautiful streets and highways.
Always remember that when you use VroomVroomVroom to find an affordable car rental in San Diego, you'll never have to worry about hidden fees! Our service will send you an instant confirmation email once you book the rental car, and then you can rest easy knowing you won't have to worry about arranging transportation once you're in San Diego! And if there's a change of plans, don't be concerned -- VroomVroomVroom never charges a cancellation fee!
Here are some interesting facts about San Diego, CA!
Did you know that with military and defense- related operations as its base economy, San Diego, California has fashioned itself a secure niche as one of the top cities in America.
Best way to travel: Car
#1 thing to do: San Diego Zoo Safari Park
#2 thing to do: Balboa
#3 thing to do: Old Town San Diego State Historic Park
Fun Fact: Did you know that San Diego is considered the birthplace of California? What a honorable title to hold, don't you think?
#1 Car Rental Company: Hertz, Avis
Drive on over to the San Diego Zoo in San Diego and experience everything from fish to elephants! Not only do you get to see many different animals and habitats, but the children can interact with some of the different animals as well. Summer vacation is almost over so hurry and come see us soon!!
Get into your car and drive over to the Cabrillo National Monument in San Diego for a spectacular panoramic view of the downtown area and the San Diego Bay! While you're there, visit the Old Point Loma Lighthouse that's been guiding boats since 1855.
Is history a little more interesting to you? Jump in your car rental and drive over to Old Town San Diego where the historic sites have now become interactive museums that are fun and interesting for all ages!
Here's some more useful information about San Diego!
San Diego is a city in Southern California on the coast of the Pacific Ocean. It is the second-largest California city and was the first site on the United States' western coastline visited by European explorers. Home to over 1.3 million people, San Diego is a city known for its gorgeous beaches, its association with the United States Navy, and for its adjacency to the U.S.-Mexico border at Tijuana – a popular Mexican tourist town. If you're planning to be in San Diego, and you've used VroomVroomVroom to book your rental car in advance, you might take it for an afternoon or weekend trip and spend some time in Tijuana!
Other visitors to San Diego may prefer to stay in the city for fun, such as a National Football League game at Qualcomm Stadium, home of the San Diego Chargers! The city is also home to Major League Baseball's San Diego Padres, and you can drive your rented car for a fun afternoon or night game at Petco Park.
San Diego was once called “the tuna capital of the world” as it was home to many American tuna fishing and canning operations for about 70 years (ending in the early 1980s). Now it's not about the tuna, it's all about the tourists – tourism is a major industry, thanks to the city's warm and sunny climate, plenty of beaches, and attractions like the San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld San Diego.
Comic-Con is an annual convention that attracts tens of thousands to the city, and other annual events like the Farmers Insurance Open golf tournament and November's San Diego Beer Week – featuring the local craft beer brewing industry – attract thousands more. If you're in San Diego during one of these events, you'll be glad you booked your car rental in advance using VroomVroomVroom, getting the best deal and the best selection for yourself and your family or associates. More than 30 million visitors were drawn to San Diego in 2009, spending around $15 billion in the area. The San Diego Convention Center hosted 68 major conventions and trade shows that year!
- Avis Downtown San Diego - 1670 Kettner Blvd, Suite 1, San Diego, CA. 92101
- Hertz Naval Base - Blg 3301 Surface Navy Blvd, San Diego, CA. 92136
- Enterprise Exotic Car Collection - 7993 Balboa Ave, San Diego, CA. 92111
- Enterprise Kearny Mesa - 7993 Balboa Avenue, San Diego, CA. 92111
- Hertz Radisson Rancho Bernardo - 11520 West Bernardo Ct, San Diego, CA. 92127
- Avis Mission Valley - Town & Country Resort - 500 Hotel Circle N, San Diego, CA. 92108
- Enterprise Point Loma - 2740 Lytton Street, San Diego, CA. 92110
- Enterprise Downtown San Diego - 900 F St Ste 167, San Diego, CA. 92101
- Hertz Marriott Mission Valley - 8757 Rio San Diego Drive, San Diego, CA. 92108
- Hertz Downtown Sd - 1350 6Th Ave, San Diego, CA. 92101
- Hertz Kearney Mesa - 8039 Balboa Avenue, Suite B, Kearny Mesa, CA. 92111
- Hertz Marvin K Brown - 1441 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, CA. 92108
- Hertz Toyota San Diego - 5910 Mission Gorge Rd Ste 600, San Diego, CA. 92120
- Enterprise Hotel Circle - 950 Hotel Circle North, San Diego, CA. 92108
- Enterprise Pacific Beach East - 2710 Garnet Ave, Ste 110, San Diego, CA. 92109
- Enterprise College - 3851 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, CA. 92105
- Enterprise Mira Mesa - 6620 Mira Mesa Boulevard, San Diego, CA. 92121
- Hertz Crowne Plaza San Diego - 2270 Hotel Circle North, San Diego, CA. 92108
- Hertz Jet Center By Lancair - 1424 Continental St, San Diego, CA. 92154
- Hertz John Hine Pontiac - 1545 Camino Del Rio S, San Diego, CA. 92108
- Enterprise 32* Hotel After Hours - 2904 Pacific Coast Highway, San Diego, CA. 92101
- Enterprise Hilton Sd Bayfront - 1 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA. 92101
- Hertz Se Auto Body - 2175 Hancock St, San Diego, CA. 92110
- Hertz Mcrd San Diego - Auto Service Ctr Bldg 514, San Diego, CA. 92140
- Avis San Diego/Mission Valley - 1904 Hotel Circle North, San Diego, CA. 92108
- Hertz Manchester Grand Hyatt - 1 Market Place, San Diego, CA. 92101
- Enterprise Pacific Beach West - 1822 Garnet Avenue, San Diego, CA. 92109
- Enterprise Miramar East - 9292 Miramar Rd # 28, San Diego, CA. 92126
- Enterprise Rancho Bernardo - 11635 Iberia Pl, San Diego, CA. 92128
- Enterprise Little Italy - 2305 Pacific Hwy, San Diego, CA. 92101
- Enterprise Mission Valley - 1333 Camino Del Rio South #101, San Diego, CA. 92108
- Enterprise Miramar - 5810 Miramar Road, San Diego, CA. 92121
|Book At||Miles/km to San Diego||Depot Count||Directions to San Diego||Latitude||Longitude|
|San Diego (Miramar)||11.2/18.1||2||Directions||32.877281||-117.139029|
|San Diego (Mission Bay)||6.7/10.8||1||Directions||32.780552||-117.242629|
|San Diego (North)||8.3/13.4||4||Directions||32.834957||-117.172121|
|*Distance is calculated arial. Actual will be different.|
Compare cheap rv motorhome rental prices in San Diego, California. We also compare cheap campervan rentals.
San Diego Car Rental
San Diego travel guide designed to help you book car rental, find accommodation, learn history and discover things to do in San Diego
Top 5 things to do in San Diego, San Diego is one of California's most popular destinations for many reasons. Large amusement parks, a world-renowned zoo and its many beaches and parks offers everyth
San Diego North
San Diego (North) has the name of the northern part of San Diego County and is locally referred to as North County. The area consists of affluent rural communities and suburban beaches and is more soc
Poway is a city located in the County of San Diego, California. Various commodities such as arrow heads, grinding stones and other ancient artifacts point to the fact that Poway was earlier inhabited
- Hyundai Accent for $54/day
- 1 day