Find the Cheapest Car Rental in Chicago by Comparing Deals
Chicago is a frontrunner in terms of the value of its capital markets, its diversified community, international information and cultural resources and political influence? Holding such prowess in these areas has Forbes ranking Chicago as the 5th most economically powerful U.S. city.
The city's notoriety expressed in popular culture is found in novels, plays, movies, songs, various types of journals (for example, sports, entertainment, business, trade, and academic), and the news media. Chicago has numerous nicknames, which reflect the impressions and opinions about historical and contemporary Chicago. The best known include: "Chi-town," "the Windy City," "Second City," and the "City of Big Shoulders." Chicago has also been called "the most American of big cities."
"The City of Big Shoulders" may sound intimidating, but renting a car to get around the celebrated city of Chicago is easy when you book your car rental using VroomVroomVroom. Public transportation is popular in this huge Midwestern city, but you can't beat the comfort and convenience of having your own car to get out there and explore! Driving in Chicago will be a breeze if you are know the traffic situation in certain areas. Check out this map for live traffic updates. It is also advisable to check the weather in Chicago via The Weather Channel so you can plan your trip better.
Reasons to book a rental car through VroomVroomVroom
- There's no credit card required here (although you may need to provide one to your chosen rental car company), and you'll pay no booking fees and no cancellation fees!
- Our service allows you to compare and save any time, and to get a great deal when you book early!
- You'll save money and time, and have a stress-free experience with no hassles when you use our service!
- Your personal info is protected by our site's SSL high encryption software!
- You can be confident you're getting the best rate on Chicago car rental thanks to theVroomVroomVroom Price Promise! (Please see our Price Promise page for all the details.)
*Please be aware that although you never need to submit your credit card info to us, your rental car agency of choice may require it depending on their policies.
Where to find a cheap a car rental in Chicago airports
Chicago has two major airports, O'Hare International Airport and Midway International Airport, so rental car companies are plentiful and offer multiple car options at cheap rates. At O'Hare International Airport, you will find plenty of options, and each car rental agency provides free shuttle service to and from the terminal curb fronts.
O'Hare International is served by Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget Car Rental, Dollar Rent-A-Car, Enterprise, Hertz, National, and Thrifty. According to the airport website, "Rental car shuttles pick up at the arrival curb front which is the lower level outside of baggage claim. Each terminal has designated areas on the out-most curb front where shuttles board." O'Hare also advises travelers to contact their chosen rental car company about hours of operation.
There are also dozens of car rental locations within the downtown area, near major hotels. Because of its size, Chicago has many parking garage options, as well as street parking. Chicago's streets are based on a numbered grid system, with the "zero" coordinates being at Madison and State streets in the famous "Loop" area of downtown.
If you need assistance in finding and booking a car rental in Chicago, feel free to Contact Us via phone call, email, or live chat. Our friendly customer service team are always ready to give a helping hand to our customers.
Where else should you go in your rental car in Chicago?
Cruise your car rental to the Skydeck Chicago, formerly known as the Sears Tower Skydeck, where you and your family or friends will be captivated by the marvelous view from the Western Hemisphere's tallest building! The Skydeck Chicago offers a view of 4 states! Not to mention views of Lake Michigan and much, much more!The Art Institute of Chicago is probably the most popular and famous Chicago cultural attraction. This great museum includes a world-class art collection, excellent exhibits (both permanent and special), and has one of the most famous entrances in the country: the two bronze lions that guard its entrance!
If it's summertime when you're in Chicago, drive your kids in your car rental over to East Washington Street and take the audio tour that's made just for kids! The tour will take you on an adventure to eight featured destinations throughout the city and includes games and challenges! This is fun for even the "big" kids in your family!
Use your cheap rental car and visit the Chicagoland suburb of Berwyn, Illinois. It's the home of the World's Largest Laundromat! We've even written a story about it! Read about it here, and even if you brought plenty of clean socks on your trip, drive over to Berwyn and visit this cool roadside attraction!
5 Things You Must Do in Chicago
Located along the southwestern shore of Lake Michigan, Chicago is regarded as one of the most influential cities in the world. It is a major center for culture, politics, education and industry as well as medicine and higher education. Here are a few things not to be missed if you visit Chicago.
1. Visit the Navy Pier. Originally built 1916 as a cargo facility for freightliners, the pier was renovated in the 90's as a public gathering place which features a 150-foot Ferris wheel, artwork, restaurants, gardens and parks as well as a variety of shops. For more information on the Navy Pier click on the link.
2. Watch a professional sporting event. Whatever sport you fancy, they probably play it in Chicago. The city is home to two major league baseball teams and one NFL football team as well as two professional hockey teams, both indoor and outdoor soccer and lacrosse leagues, as well as a women's roller derby team.
3. Enjoy art at the Chicago Cultural Center. Once the city's library, this Chicago landmark now houses exhibitions of performing, visual and literary arts. The building also serves as the reception spot where the city mayor has welcomed Presidents, royalty and community leaders. For more information on the Chicago Cultural Center click on the link.
4. See a Broadway musical brought to the city courtesy of Broadway in Chicago. Broadway plays that have come to Chicago in the past include Cats, Chicago and Stomp.
5. Eat a Chicago style hot dog or deep dish pizza. They say these foods taste better in Chicago than in any other city in the world.
6. Experience Gibsons. World Famous and inventor of the "Gibson's Martini," this is a steak eating extravaganza. It's not cheap but the well aged, marbled porterhouses are about 4 inches high. Dig in! Click n the link to read more about Gibsons.