Find the Cheapest Car Rental in Chicago by Comparing Deals
"The City of Big Shoulders" may sound intimidating, but renting a car to get around the celebrated city of Chicago is easy when you book your car rental using VroomVroomVroom. We compare deals from trusted brands such as Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National. Start comparing to find the perfect rental car for your next trip!
- Get a wide selection of cars
- Save time because you won't have to jump from one website to another.
- Your personal information is protected by our site's SSL high encryption software.
- Get the best rates with our Price Promise. Please read our TnC for more details.
- Trusted since 2001, book with confidence because we are the experts in rental cars. Our customer care experts are ready to help you. Contact us now!
Best time to visit Chicago
The peak season in Chicago is summer, which is also the festival season, so you can expect the months of June, July, August and September to be crowded. If you want to avoid the crowd and still take advantage of the warm weather, travel to Chicago from April to May or from September to October. If you don't mind the cold weather, the best time to grab great deals on airfare and hotels is between November and March.
Driving tips in Chicago
Public transportation is popular in this huge Midwestern city, but you can't beat the comfort and convenience of having your own car to get out there and explore! Driving in Chicago will be a breeze if you are know the traffic situation in certain areas. Check out this map for live traffic updates. It is also advisable to check the weather in Chicago via The Weather Channel so you can plan your trip better.
Useful information on Chicago airports
Chicago has two major airports, O'Hare International Airport and Midway International Airport, so rental car companies are plentiful and offer multiple car options at cheap rates. At O'Hare International Airport, you will find plenty of options, and each car rental agency provides free shuttle service to and from the terminal curb fronts.
O'Hare International is served by Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget Car Rental, Dollar Rent-A-Car, Enterprise, Hertz, National, and Thrifty. According to the airport website, "Rental car shuttles pick up at the arrival curb front which is the lower level outside of baggage claim. Each terminal has designated areas on the out-most curb front where shuttles board." O'Hare also advises travelers to contact their chosen rental car company about hours of operation.
There are also dozens of car rental locations within the downtown area, near major hotels. Because of its size, Chicago has many parking garage options, as well as street parking. Chicago's streets are based on a numbered grid system, with the "zero" coordinates being at Madison and State streets in the famous "Loop" area of downtown.
If you need assistance in finding and booking a car rental in Chicago, feel free to Contact Us via phone call, email, or live chat. Our friendly customer service team are always ready to give a helping hand to our customers.
Where should you go in your rental car in Chicago?
Located along the southwestern shore of Lake Michigan, Chicago is regarded as one of the most influential cities in the world. It is a major center for culture, politics, education and industry as well as medicine and higher education. Here are a few things not to be missed if you visit Chicago.
McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum
The historic bridgehouse will take you back in time and give you a better understanding of the relationship between the city of Chicago and its river. The McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum welcomes tens of thousands of visitors annually. It features exhibits that celebrate the famous Chicago River and its iconic bridges. The best time to visit is during spring and fall where you can witness the museum's moving gears lift the Michigan Avenue bridge leaf. The museum is only open from May through October so make sure to check their website for exact times.
Address: 600 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
Originally built 1916 as a cargo facility for freightliners, the pier was renovated in the 90's as a public gathering place which features a 150-foot Ferris wheel, artwork, restaurants, gardens and parks as well as a variety of shops. Getting here is quite easy and it parking is not a problem as well. The East and West indoor parking garages, which can accommodate up to 1,500 vehicles, can be accessed via Illinois Street and Lake Shore Drive.
The Art Institute of Chicago
This is is probably the most popular and famous Chicago cultural attraction. This great museum includes a world-class art collection, excellent exhibits (both permanent and special), and has one of the most famous entrances in the country: the two bronze lions that guard its entrance.
Address: 233 S Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60606
5 Things You Must Do in Chicago
1. Watch a professional sporting event. Whatever sport you fancy, they probably play it in Chicago. The city is home to two major league baseball teams and one NFL football team as well as two professional hockey teams, both indoor and outdoor soccer and lacrosse leagues, as well as a women's roller derby team.
2. Enjoy art at the Chicago Cultural Center. Once the city's library, this Chicago landmark now houses exhibitions of performing, visual and literary arts. The building also serves as the reception spot where the city mayor has welcomed Presidents, royalty and community leaders. For more information on the Chicago Cultural Center click on the link.
3. See a Broadway musical brought to the city courtesy of Broadway in Chicago. Broadway plays that have come to Chicago in the past include Cats, Chicago and Stomp.
4. Eat a Chicago style hot dog or deep dish pizza. They say these foods taste better in Chicago than in any other city in the world.
5. Experience Gibsons. World Famous and inventor of the "Gibson's Martini," this is a steak eating extravaganza. It's not cheap but the well aged, marbled porterhouses are about 4 inches high. Dig in! Click n the link to read more about Gibsons.