Best Places to Go for Mother's Day
Mother's Day is the perfect opportunity to treat your mom to a weekend getaway. Flowers, chocolates and jewelry are great, but creating wonderful memories together is something that she'll surely remember for a lifetime. You don't have to go overseas just to treat your loved one, because there are many awesome places in the United States that mommies will surely love! We at VroomVroomVroom have come up with a list of places where you can take your mom on Mother's Day so make sure to book a car rental ahead of time so you can find the perfect vehicle for your next trip.
Historical treat in Washington D.C.
The nation's capital is known for its historical sites, but it is also a great place to visit on Mother's Day. There are many beautiful gardens to explore in the city with historical background which makes them unique. There are also a lot of choices in Mother's Day brunches in D.C. which makes it easier to find a restaurant that your mom will surely enjoy.
Where to stay: There are a lot of accommodation options in Washington D.C. that will fit your budget, but if you want to spoil your mother then make sure to reserve a room at Four Seasons.
Things to do:
- You can start your day with tea paired with mouthwatering desserts and finger sandwiches right at the lovely garden of Tudor Place followed by a tour of their secluded gardens.
- Hang out with a woman dressed up as Martha Washington at Mount Vernon and enjoy touring the magnificent gardens and shopping for iconic items.
- End the day with a dinner cruise from Spirit Cruises. Dine all you can and enjoy the views of iconic landmarks while cruising along the Potomac River.
Getting there: You can either pick up your car rental at the nearest depot in Washington or at Washington Airport. You can reach Tudor Place via Massachusetts Avenue NW and Q St NW from Dupont Circle. To reach Mount Vernon, you can drive through George Washington Memorial Parkway in Arlington.
Sweet escape in San Francisco
San Francisco has a lot of great things to offer on Mother's Day, but if you want it to be extra special and sweet, then take time to check out our suggested itinerary below. If you want her to experience some colorful celebrations, might as well take her to the Downtown Alameda Spring Festival or at the Mother's Day Rose Show at the Golden Gate Park.
Where to stay: It is highly recommended to stay either at the Union Square or Fisherman's Wharf areas so you can get closer to all the attractions. Westin St. Francis Hotel is the only hotel that is located directly on Union Square and you can even see the famous cable cars stopping outside their doors which makes it easier to explore the city.
Things to do:
- Join the Victorian Home Walk and get a chance to see the place where some very popular movies were filmed, including “The Princess Diaries” and “Mrs. Doubtfire”.
- After touring the beautiful houses, you and your mom can now have a sweet tooth moment by joining the Gourmet Chocolate Tour organized by Gourmet Walks. Learn more about chocolates and sample some of the finest chocolates in San Francisco.
- Burn that sugar rush by shopping 'til you drop at Pier 39 where you will more than 50 one-of-a-kind stores. Check out two levels of specialty shops surrounded by breathtaking views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island and the San Francisco skyline.
Getting there: There are many car rental depots in San Francisco and you can also pick up your car at the San Francisco International Airport. To reach the Victorian Home Walk coming from Financial District, drive to Battery Street and Sutter Street. If you prefer going to Pier 39 first, you can take Sansome Street and The Embarcadero.
Fab fun in Las Vegas
Las Vegas isn't only for couples who want to get hitched or singles who are looking for an epic night out, it is also for moms who deserve a fabulous time. This is your chance to let your mother experience luxury and indulgence on her special day. Instead of spending your cash at the casino, splurge on your mom's dining and shopping at the Sin City.
Where to stay: Most of the luxurious resorts and hotels are located at The Las Vegas Strip so choose which will fit your budget. A popular choice is The Venetian because of its classic Old Venice setting and indoor gondola ride which your mom will surely enjoy.
Things to do:
- Start your day right by treating your mom with a delicious brunch. Gayot listed the top ten Mother's Day brunch restaurants in Las Vegas, so it's easy to choose a place that you think your mom will enjoy.
- After a satisfying brunch, take her on a shopping spree at The Forum Shops at Caesars. You can also have some photo ops with ancient Roman statuary replica and enjoy dining at one of their upscale restaurants.
- End your Vegas adventure by heading to The Mirage and watch Cirque du Soleil's amazing show called Love, which celebrates the musical legacy of The Beatles who was one of the most famous bands back in 60s and 70s.
Getting there: If you are picking up your rental car in Downtown Las Vegas, you can take the Industrial Road to reach The Forum. From Caesars, you can take a 7-minute drive along Jay Sarno Way and S Las Vegas Boulevard to reach The Mirage.
Chillaxing time in New York
Our moms have been working hard to give us a comfortable life so they deserve to relax and chill on Mother's Day. To make that happen, bring them to New York and plan a whole day of non-stressful activities. The Big Apple is one of the busiest cities in the USA, but they are also experts in finding ways to unwind.
Where to stay: To make most of your stay in New York City, it is advisable to stay right in the heart of the city that never sleeps. The New York Marriot Marquis is situated right in the heart of Times Square so you can experience the magic of New York as you step outside. You can also find the city's only revolving restaurant and lounge in this hotel.
Things to do:
- Pamper your mom on her special day by taking them to a spa. Time Out has listed the 20 best spas in NYC to make it easier for you to choose.
- A trip to the Big Apple won't be complete without letting your mom ride a horse-drawn carriage at the Central Park. If she's not fond of riding horses, you can opt for a 2-hour hidden secrets walking tour where you'll get to discover the park's hard-to-find places.
- After a relaxing day at the park, take her on a dinner cruise from Spirit Cruises located at Chelsea Piers in Manhattan. Enjoy a 3-course dinner buffet, live entertainment, interactive games and a spectacular view of the New York City skyline.
Getting there: You can pick up your rental car in any of the convenient depot in New York City or at the JFK Airport. From the Theater District, it will only take you around 5 minutes via 8th Avenue to reach Central Park. From the park, you can drive towards 12th Avenue to get to Chelsea Piers.