Explore Minnesota with a Duluth Car Rental
Duluth is located in the Saint Louis County, in the State of Minnesota. As a county seat, Duluth-Minnesota is one of the most important port cities on the coastline. Duluth-Minnesota is featured in between the first ranks of population charts, as it numbers over 86,000 inhabitants alone and nearly 280,000 in the Duluth Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Top 5 Things to Do in Duluth
Duluth is the county seat of St. Louis County, Minnesota and is a seaport city. It is connected to the Atlantic Ocean 2,300 miles away by lakes and canals. Being a port city, it is quite a busy metropolitan place and there is plenty to do for anyone here.
1. Go fishing on Lake Superior: For those who enjoy fishing or just want to take a boat ride on this huge lake, there are several Sea Captains who provide charter service and would be delighted to teach visitors, the finer points of fishing on this beautiful lake.
2. Visit a Polynesian resort: The Edge is an indoor Polynesian water park which has islands and an exploding volcano. A visit to this tropical featured resort is an ideal way for one to spend the day with the family, as there is something for everyone to enjoy.
3. Spend an evening at a casino: One can try their luck at black jack, poker or play the slot machines at the Fond-du-Luth Casino. There are a number of prizes to be won over here other than the cash prizes and it is a great way to spend an evening.
4. Go onboard a maritime museum: Take a tour of two ships that made history on the great lakes; The William A. Irwin and The U.S. Coast Guard Vessel Sundew. One will also see the maritime history of the lakes.
5. Take a scenic train ride along the St. Louis River: Ride in an open railroad safari car on a 90 minute journey along the river and view wild life in their natural surroundings. These rides are organized by the Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad.
Top Attractions within Duluth
The Glensheen Historic Estate is a famous mansion and park in Duluth. It is owned by the University of Minnesota now, but was once the residence home of a very wealthy businessperson. Today, the mansion can be visited for university purposes or as a museum. The memorabilia and artifacts that have been preserved here, will take visitors in a journey through the old ways of life in America, mostly those of the rich and wealthy in land and trades of Duluth.
The Great Lakes Aquarium in Duluth is the perfect place to spend a few days on your vacation, as there is a lot of ground to cover and many exhibitions that will take up a lot of time. Some of the permanent collections to be seen here on great surfaces are: the Baptism River, the St. Louis River, the Amazing Amazon, the Isle Royal, the Otter Cove and others. All this include a variety of fish and flora species that are representative for the designated areas. The grounds incorporate gift shops, a suite party room that can be rented out, learning labs, a cafeteria and so on. It makes for a great experience for the entire family to have in Duluth.