In Lancaster County it is no exaggeration to say that there is something to interest everyone. From theme parks, museums and theatres to shopping and dining, or just touring the beautiful countryside, Lancaster has plenty to offer the visitor.
1. Visit Amish County: When people think of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, they also think of Amish settlements. Thousands of Amish still live the centuries old lifestyle and it is perfect for visitors that want to slow down and enjoy life. Amish themed attractions, events and foods are available for enjoyment as well as Amish buggy rides.
2. Hang out at an amusement park: Dutch Wonderland Family Amusement Park is filled with family-friendly rides and attractions, as well as shows for enjoyment. The amusement park has been voted among the top 5 best parks in the world for children.
3. Go to a museum: The museums in Lancaster County offer a glimpse into the life and culture of the PA Dutch, as well as local art and natural science. Museums vary from historic German villages to the home of a President.
4. Visit the Hershy factory: Take a tour of the chocolate factory and become an “official” Hershy employee. After the tour you can relax with a cup of hot cocoa made with real Hershy's chocolate.
5. Relax in a spa: After a long day of seeing all the sights, relax in one of Lancaster's many spas and salons. With the main theme being to relax and refresh, any spa will do!