Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Leavenworth Car Rental Comparison
Leavenworth is located in the Leavenworth County, in the State of Kansas. As the county seat, Leavenworth is also the largest city in the region and it has a population that goes up to 35,250 inhabitants. Leavenworth is part of the greater Kansas City Metropolitan Statistical Area. The city was founded in 1854 and was incorporated in 1855.
Top Attractions within Leavenworth
The C. W. Parker Carousel Museum is a special kind of facility to be found in Leavenworth. Here people of all ages are made to feel like little children again. This is due to the fact that the artifacts presented here revolve on the idea of carousels and merry-go-rounds. During special holidays and seasons, the museum opens one of its historical carousels for people to take rides on it and experience the true feel of a great old-fashioned merry-go-round.
The Richard Allen Cultural Center is the best place to experience high quality art programs in Leavenworth. People may come here to admire all sorts of collections of paintings, sculpture and photographs or to witness a live performance. The principle feature of the Richard Allen Cultural Center is that it is aimed at developing a vast cultural knowledge of the community, in regards to all the genres of the arts.
The Oaks Golf Club is a small golf course in Leavenworth. This place offers people a chance to play this game in a professional environment, which will help them develop their skills and game tactics. The Oaks Golf Club is mostly recommended for beginners and for senior citizens, looking for a way to relax and have some activity at the same time.
The Leavenworth Trails in the city will provide you with an active way through which you can sightsee and experience the more natural sides of Leavenworth. The aim of these trails is to create the perfect setting for bicycle rides and hiking. You can take to the 3-Mile Creek Walking / Biking Trail which will take through all the most natural, unique and beautiful sights around. The trails at the Landing Park will take you on journey of the evolution of transport means in the region.
Five Things You Must Do in Leavenworth
Leavenworth is a fascinating little town situated near Kansas City. The place remains alive throughout the year due to its many festivals. This small town attracts tourists from all around the globe with its mix of fine old and new architectural buildings and museums. Some of the attractions of Leavenworth include:
1. Visit the military museum called the 'Frontier Army Museum'. The museum has a rich collection of nineteenth century military artifacts of the area. The museum has a wide collection of over five thousand items that includes weapons, uniforms, equipments and vehicles. Several informative panels are situated around the museum describing various aspects of the military history of the area.
2. Take a look at the Barth Hall that was the training school for cavalry and infantry in 1881. Currently, the finely crafted building is used as the National Simulations Center.
3. Experience patriotism by visiting The Buffalo Soldier Monument. This monument is dedicated to the African-American soldiers who served in the 9th and 10th Cavalry regiments.
4. Don't forget to visit Leavenworth Fort during your tour of the area. This fort is designated as a Registered National Historic Landmark. The fort has a series of informative pedestals located at 17 different historic points around the fort. Some of the information plaques describe Queen of the Frontier Posts, Frontier Freight Operations, Arsenal of the West and Highway to the West. 5. Visit the oldest house in Kansas
. 'The Rookery' was built in 1834 and is designated as a Registered National Landmark.
United States, Kansas, United States
Top depots in Leavenworth
- Enterprise Leavenworth - 4614 S 4th St, Leavenworth, .
Other locations near Leavenworth