Willow Grove is located in the Montgomery County, in the State of Pennsylvania. As a census-designated place, Willow Grove is included as a community in the northern Philadelphia suburbs. Due to its placement, Willow Grove is also included in the following: the Upper Dublin Township, the Upper Moreland Township and the Abington Township. The population of Willow Grove reaches over 15,725 inhabitants.
Top Attractions within Willow Grove
The Willow Grove Park Mall was opened in 1982 on the site of a former amusement park. It is the top shopping facility in the region, gathering customers from all the surrounding locations. There are over 130 stores from which you can choose, in order to find the ones that are most suitable to your tastes and to your budgets. Bloomingdale's, Macy's and Sears are the three major anchor tenants of the mall, bringing high quality merchandise at the best prices. In addition to shopping, the mall offers suitable establishments for entertainment and various activities.
The Thunderbird Bowling Center is located in Willow Grove. It offers entertainment means that are accessible for people of all ages and interests. You can plan a variety of gaming styles with your family and friends at the bowling lanes. In addition to typical gatherings for playing the game, you can opt for special packages. League bowling, high school tournaments, special events and birthday parties may be planned at the Thunderbird Bowling Center.
The Langman Gallery in Willow Grove provides unique products and objects, which you can admire in the display lines or purchase from the grounds shop. The variety of elements that can be found here covers: ceramics, furniture, jewelry, glass, metals, paintings, wood and so on. You will surely find something suitable to buy for the people back home, as souvenirs or for your own home decoration.
The Mandarin Garden is one of the most amazing places in which you can eat in Willow Grove. The variety of meals come from the most refined Asian cuisines and enables people to try something different for their vacation. This place will convince you to come back time and time again.
Pennsylvania is one of the most historically rich states, and Willow Grove is located in the heart of it all. Near Philadelphia's wealth of activity, Willow Grove is also close by numerous history battle sites, as well as many landmark homes and buildings.
1. Let's go to the movies at the Colonial Theatre: Experience the cinema like never before at this historic landmark in nearby Phoenixville. The grand, restored Colonial features film that you won't find everywhere else: classic movies, independent films, and children's specials.
2. The Stoogeum: In nearby Springhouse you'll find the world's only museum dedicated to the Three Stooges. If you find yourself searching for a rainy day activity, take the kids and spend a few hours exploring Stooge memorabilia, film, and art.
3. Valley Forge Historic National Park: Of all the famous battlegrounds in Pennsylvania, Valley Forge is one of the most significant. Bring the family here to learn, explore, hike, and pay respects to our forefathers.
4. Red Buffalo Ranch: Not too far from Valley Forge is this year-round park offering horseback riding for the whole family. Take an hour-long guided tour through the nearby state park. Giddy up!
5. Morgan Log House: This real-life log cabin was built by none other than Daniel Boone's grandfather. It is on the National Register of Historic Places, and is sure to give you a feel for what it was like to live back in the days of the settlers, with its interior and its decorations still intact.