Yucca Valley Car Rental Comparison: Affordable car rentals
Did you know that Yucca Valley is located north of the Joshua Tree National Park?
Best Way to Travel: Bus, Car
#1 Thing to do: Old Town Yucca Valley
#2 Thing to do: Blue Skies Golf & Country Club
#3 Thing to do: Hi-Desert Nature Museum
Fun Fact: Yucca Valley experiences high levels of seismic activity because fault lines criss-cross the city.
#1 Car Rental Company:Hertz
Yucca Valley is located in the San Bernardino County, in the State of California. As an incorporated town, Yucca Valley has a growing population, which reaches approximately 20,700 inhabitants. The town of Yucca Valley is set in an amazing decorum in the Mojave Desert. Yucca Valley is bordered by the Joshua Tree National Park in the south and by the San Bernardino Mountains in the west.
Top Attractions within Yucca Valley
The "Old Town" Area is the best place to visit in Yucca Valley. It is the initial portion in which the town was established, maintaining the former features and the elements that have lead to the development of the present community. Visiting the "Old Town" gives you a chance to learn more about the past and to discover the evolutionary steps taken.
The Joshua Tree National Park is a very important location near Yucca Valley. Initially, the park was a U.S. National Monument, since 1936 and was transformed into a U.S. National Park in 1994. The value of the park lies in the numerous elements of natural grounds, that it covers in the desert area. Wildlife and plant species can be admired here throughout the year. In addition to this, recreational activities can be taken on, such as hiking, camping, astronomy and many more.
The San Bernardino Mountains can also be found nearby Yucca Valley. These represent a great location for spending active vacations. In the warmer seasons, you can enjoy hiking and nature trips along the designated trails. During the winter, the mountains become one of the favorite locations for winter sports, contests and adventures. On either occasion, you will have a splendid view of the natural landscapes.
The Carrows Restaurnat is the place to eat in Yucca Valley. It offers suitable menus for all meal moments over the day. Find the best pancakes for breakfast, delicious meals served in whole round breads, fried and grill steaks and the sweetest deserts. You and your family will enjoy eating here throughout your vacation, in the perfect atmosphere and with the most professional services. The restaurant also hosts special events and larger gatherings.
5 Things You Must Do in Yucca Valley
Yucca Valley is located in the Joshua Tree National Park. Though technically a desert, its elevation is high—3300 feet—so the weather is temperate and the air is clear. The town has the benefit of the small town atmosphere, but it is a short drive away from many famous spots.
1. Visit the Hi-Desert Nature Museum: Take the kids here to find out about the history of Yucca and the fascinating aspects of its natural surroundings. Exhibits change throughout the year, but this is always a great place to bring the family and appreciate the region.
2. Take a short drive down to Palm Springs: If you like the peace and quite of Yucca Valley but want to experience the nightlife too, take yourself down to nearby Palm Springs for some quality shopping and dining. Watch out for the heat!
3. Take a hike: Yucca's friendly weather and extremely rare storms allow for a variety of hiking, camping, and whatever else you'd like to do outside.
4. Joshua Tree National Park: Discover the majestic scenery of Joshua Tree, home of Yucca Valley. There are endless hiking trails, fascinating species of wildlife, and campgrounds that make staying here easy and inspiring.
5. Coachella Music Festival: Happening only once, a year, this festival in nearby Coachella brings a diverse and exciting collection of bands and artists to perform in the summer heat. Experience the unique explosion of music and art just below Yucca Valley.