Connecting USA to New Zealand Is Now Easy with Direct Flights
New Zealand is one of the most popular holiday destinations in the world. In fact, it was voted as the Best Country in 2015-16 Telegraph Travel Awards. It held that title for four consecutive years and continues to attract visitors from different parts of the world. Based on the statistics shared by Tourism New Zealand, USA ranked third in terms of international visitor arrivals to New Zealand. Australia ranked first and China came in second.
Despite the distance, it is still surprising that many Americans are drawn to the Land of the Long White Cloud. One factor could be the direct flights offered by leading airlines both from the United States and New Zealand. Instead of travelling around 15 hours from Auckland to Los Angeles, you can now cut the flight time to 12 hours and avoid the hassle of leaving and getting on the plane during the layover.
Airlines that offer direct flights from New Zealand to United States
1. Air New Zealand has direct flights from New Zealand to the United States. Here are their direct flight routes, but take note that they are seasonal so make sure to check their website for flight schedules:
- Auckland Airport (AKL) to Daniel K. Inouye International Airport or also called Hawaii (HNL)
- Auckland Airport (AKL) to George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Auckland Airport (AKL) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Auckland Airport (AKL) to San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
2. United Airlines also has direct flights from Auckland to San Francisco, but they have suspended their flights from April 18 to October 30 and will resume the flights in late October then add three more flights from December because of the demand.
3. American Airlines had jumped on the bandwagon of direct flights to New Zealand. They started offering non-stop flights from LAX to AKL last June. However, they decided to suspend their flights between August 7 to October 6 due to the airline's peak season in North America.
More direct flights mean more chances of flying from New Zealand to USA and vice versa
As more airlines begin to offer direct flights from the USA to New Zealand, there is a possibility that rates will go down because of the competition. This will benefit more travelers who wanted to visit the wonderful country in the southwestern Pacific Ocean.
With so many amazing places to visit in New Zealand, it is hard to resist getting a good deal in flights just like the car rental deals that VroomVroomVroom offer. When planning a vacation, you should also consider renting a car so you can easily get around your chosen destination.
Whether you are heading to Los Angeles International Airport , San Francisco International Airport, or Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport, we can help you find a rental car that will suit your budget and preferences. Same goes when you arrive in Auckland Airport because VroomVroomVroom also offers the best car hire deals all across New Zealand.
So what are you waiting for? Book a direct flight and reserve a hire car so you can experience the beauty and charm of New Zealand.