What additional charges will I pay at the car rental depot?
There are a few potential charges you may have to pay when you pick up your rental car. This depends on which location you are hiring the car from, if you have requested any optional extras and if you are planning on purchasing any protection products. VroomVroomVroom has put together a list of some of these additional charges.
- Additional Driver: In some cases, an additional driver can be added at no extra cost. For example, in some cases a renter's spouse is permitted to drive the vehicle at no extra cost.
- Young Driver Surcharge: Drivers who are under 25 will be charged a daily surcharge on top of their rental rate.
- Late Return Fees: If you return the car later than expected, you may have to pay a full day's rate. Car rental companies generally have a 30 minute grace period.
- Crossing into Mexico: If you are planning to travel to Mexico, you may have to purchase additional insurance. In some cases, our suppliers do not permit travel across the southern border.
- Damage: If any additional damage is found on your rental car when you return it, and you have not purchased any protection products, you are responsible for the full cost of the repairs.
- Loss Damage Waiver: At the car rental depot, you can purchase products that reduce your financial liability. This includes Loss Damage Waiver, Personal Accident Insurance and Personal Effects Protection.
- Fuel Charges: If you choose to pre-purchase a tank of gas, you will be required to pay this upon pick-up. If you have not selected this option, and return the car without a full tank, you will also be charged a fee.
- One Way Fee: If you are planning to drop the car at a different location to the one you picked it up from, you will be charged a one way fee. The amount depends on which location you are planning to drop the vehicle.
- Optional Extras: You have the option to purchase optional extras such as a GPS or child seat for an additional fee.
- Tolls: You will be responsible for all the costs associated with using toll roads.