Save When You Compare Tampa Car Rental Prices
Here is information about car rental in Tampa.
People book with VroomVroomVroom every day because there's no credit card required, because there are no booking fees and no cancellation fees. We let you compare and save on great deals from all the major car rental providers, and we will match any price using our Price Promise!
Tampa is a gorgeous city on Florida's west coast, located at Tampa Bay and close to the Gulf of Mexico. Tampa's nicknames are “the Cigar City” or “the Cigar Capital of the World”, due to its production of popular smoking cigars, and “the Big Guava”, a play on the nickname of New York City (“the Big Apple”). In 2012, Tampa was the host city for the Republican National Convention. It's a wise decision to use VroomVroomVroom if you're going to be in Tampa, because our site allows you to compare car rental rates from all the top companies and locations, so you can find a cheap car rental deal that will save you money!
We are the experts in booking a car rental, and here's why...Thanks to your rental car, you'll be able to drive yourself and your family or friends anywhere in Tampa. A few years ago, Forbes ranked Tampa as one of the top 5 “Best Outdoor Cities”. There are a lot of fun boating, watersport, and beach activities on and around Tampa Bay, especially considering that the city of Tampa is built upon an area of about 170 square miles, and over 1/3 of that is water!
If you're flying into Tampa, you'll probably land at Tampa International Airport. The airport has a lot of history – in fact, on New Year's Day in 1914, a spot just south of the airport was the first-ever destination for a scheduled airline passenger when aviator Tony Jannus flew himself and a single passenger from St. Petersburg to Tampa!
The airport is located about 10 minutes west of downtown Tampa, and handled over 16 million passengers in 2012. In 2011, it was named a top-10 airport by CNNGo! At Tampa International Airport, car rental counters are just across the walkway in either of the baggage claim areas (“Red area” or “Blue area”). On-site at the airport, you can pick up your cheap rental car from Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National or Thrifty. Additional car rental companies – including Advantage and Fox Rent-A-Car operate courtesy vehicles to take you to you cheap car rental. Look for one of the Commercial Ground Transportation Quadrants – there's one in each of the airport's baggage claim level corners!
Here is some helpful information about Tampa!
Tampa was settled in the first half of the 19th century, and officially declared a city in 1887. The cigar industry and the discovery of phosphate in the 1880s turned Tampa into a boom town. (Did you know that in 1929 – the city's best year for production – over 500 million cigars were hand rolled in Tampa?) Tampa's population is now around 350 thousand residents, making it the 53rd biggest U.S. city! Originally the Tampa Bay area was home to indigenous peoples including the Pohoy and the Tocobaga.
If you're a sports fan, Tampa has much to offer you. During the National Football League season, you could attend a home game of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Tampa Bay Lightning of the National Hockey League and Arena Football's Tampa Bay Storm also call Tampa their home. If you're more of a baseball fan, take the short drive in your affordable rental car over to St. Petersburg, where the Tampa Bay Rays compete in Major League Baseball! You might even witness a few home runs!
If you enjoy American history, drive your rental car to the University of Tampa campus. Have your picture taken standing beside one of the two cannons that are displayed on the university grounds, near downtown Tampa. The Civil War-era cannons date back 150 years-plus to the city's Fort Brooke. There's also a large structure near the old fort site named the Fort Brooke Parking Garage – you could park your cheap car rental there as you explore all that downtown Tampa has to offer!
A very fun sight to see in Tampa is the Gasparilla Pirate Festival. Drive your car rental over to the parade route and enjoy this annual event! It has been held almost every year since 1904, and honors the life and times of (fictional) Captain Jose Gaspar and his band of dastardly rogue adventurers, Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla!
Here are more fun trivia facts about Tampa!
Did you know... That Tampa has a reputation of being the best "outdoor city"? It might be for this reason that young adults in their 20s find Tampa the most charming place around!
Best way to travel: Car, Bus, Streetcar
#1 thing to do: Babe Zaharias Golf Course
#2 thing to do: Tampa Theatre
#3 thing to do: Sulphur Springs Water Tower
Fun Fact: Because Tampa has a habit of getting hit by lightning strikes in the summer, the Native Americans called the area "Tampa" which is believed to mean "sticks of fire". Interesting, huh?
#1 Car Rental Company: Alamo
Trek to the smokin' Cigar City and compare the cheapest car rental in Tampa...This is one place where you can drive your rental car towards the dinosaurs and not away from them! Visit Dinosaur World in Tampa Bay where you will be greeted by life-sized dinosaurs. Excavate in the fossil dig, visit the dinosaur museum, eat lunch in a cave, or take a stroll in the skeleton garden! This is a perfect place for the whole family this summer!
Spring is here and the weather is perfect. Rent a car with us in Tampa and drive over to Busch Gardens for all kinds of fun, no matter what time of year it is! Experience exhilirating rides and awesome shows all in one great park!
Want a great martini? Drive your affordable car rental over to the Blue Martini in Tampa and enjoy 25 different types of martinis and other unique drinks! Enjoy the tapas and dance the night away to some great live entertainment!
Here are interesting things to do in Tampa, Florida!
Because you've chosen your preferred rental car using VroomVroomVroom to get the best deal, why not visit Tampa's popular tourist destinations? Busch Gardens and Lowry Park are waiting for you right now! And the best thing is, using VroomVroomVroom keeps money in your pocket so you'll have plenty of opportunities to enjoy yourself to the fullest!
Tampa is famed among meteorologists and other weather enthusiasts nationwide for its beautiful yet deadly thunderstorms! If you've ever wanted to use a high-speed camera or a video camcorder to record lightning strikes, well come to Tampa, get into your rental car and drive out into one of the frequent thunderstorms during summertime -- which lasts from late May until early October. Just please take precautions so you don't get struck by a bolt yourself! Another weather-related tidbit and interesting trivia fact about Tampa is that Tampa's official high temperature has never made it to 100 degrees Fahrenheit! (The all-time record is 99, first recorded in 1985.)
If you're a lover of building design and architecture, why not use the car rental vehicle you've chosen – utilizing VroomVroomVroom to find a cheap rate – to explore Tampa's downtown. There are examples of Art Deco, like the Tampa Theatre and the city hall building, and there are Post-modern buildings including high rises. Take some photos of the skyscrapers, as there are currently 18 high-rises (over 250 feet tall) in Tampa! Be sure to take a ride to see 100 North Tampa – at 579 feet tall, it's the tallest building in Florida that isn't in Miami or Jacksonville! And guys may enjoy having a look at the Rivergate building, also known as “the Beer Can” due to its cylinder shape. It's world famous as a setting for the film “The Punisher!”
- Alamo Westin Alamo - 725 S Harbour Island Blvd, Tampa, FL. 33602-5707
- Avis Tampa Downtown - 4625 Gandy Blvd, Tampa, FL. 33611
- Budget Embassy Suites - 513 South Florida Avenue, Embassy Suites, Tampa, FL. 33602
- Enterprise Brandon Ford - 9090 Adamo Dr., Tampa, FL. 33619
- Hertz Tampa Jet Center - 4751 Jim Walter Blvd, Tampa, FL. 33607
- Hertz Tampa South - 5110 S Manhattan, Tampa, FL. 33611
- Avis Avis - Tampa - 3808 West Linebaugh Avenue, Tampa, FL. 33618
- Hertz Tampa North - 1102 A East Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL. 33612
- Hertz Marriott Waterside - 700 South Florida Ave., Tampa, FL. 33602
- Enterprise Tampa Florida Ave - 10010 N. Florida Avenue, Tampa, FL. 33612
- Hertz Tampa West - 6033 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL. 33614
- Budget N Dale Mabry Tampa - 6903 North Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL. 33614
- Budget Tampa - 6906 East Fowler Avenue, Tampa/Temple Terrace, Tampa, FL. 33617
- Avis Sears Auto Center-University Square Mall - 2266 East Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL. 33612
- Budget Tampa - 9331 Adamo Drive, Brandon Hotel & Conference Ctr, Tampa, FL. 33619
- Hertz Port Of Tampa - 651 Channelside Dr, Terminal2, Tampa, FL. 33602
- Enterprise Tampa Spruce - 4912 W Spruce St, Tampa, FL. 33607
- National Westin National - 725 S Harbour Island Blvd, Tampa, FL. 33602-5707
- Hertz Kuhn Honda - 3900 W Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL. 33609
- Enterprise Tampa Jerry Ulm - 2730 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL. 33607
- Enterprise Tampa Nebraska Ave - 5402 N Nebraska Ave, Tampa, FL. 33604
- Enterprise Macdill A.F.B. - On Site - 8106 Condor St Bldg 17, Tampa, FL. 33621
- Enterprise Tampa Fletcher - 13424 North Nebraska Ave, Tampa, FL. 33612
- Enterprise Tampa Morse - 101 E. Fletcher Ave, Tampa, FL. 33612
- Enterprise Tampa South - 4602 W Gandy Blvd, Tampa, FL. 33611
- Enterprise Tampa-Carrollwood - 13739 N. Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, FL. 33618
- Enterprise Tampa Hillsborough Ave - 3909 W Hillsborough Ave, Tampa, FL. 33614
- Enterprise Brandon - 110 S Us Highway 301, Tampa, FL. 33619
- Budget Tampa - 4625 W Gandy Boulevard, Tampa, FL. 33611
- Budget Tampa Carrollwood - 3808 West Linebaugh Avenue, Tampa, FL. 33618
- Hertz Tampa Brandon - 9005 East Adamo Drive, Tampa, FL. 33619
- Hertz Veterans Ford - 7201 W Linebaugh Ave, Tampa, FL. 33625
- Enterprise Town And Country - 7902 W. Hillsborough Ave., Tampa, FL. 33615
- Enterprise Downtown Tampa - 1001 W Kennedy Bvd, Tampa, FL. 33606
- Enterprise Tampa Ybor - 2881 N 50Th Street, Tampa, FL. 33619
- Enterprise Tampa Temple Terrace - 4901 E. Busch Blvd., Tampa, FL. 33617
- Hertz Tampa Northwest - 16414 N.Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL. 33618
- Avis North Dale Mabry - 6903 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL. 33614
- Avis Brandon Hotel & Conference Center - 9331 Adamo Drive, Tampa, FL. 33619
- Hertz Tampa South Hle - Night - 5110 S Manhattan, Tampa, FL. 33611
- Enterprise Tampa Wingate - 17301 Dona Michelle Dr, Tampa, FL. 33647
- Enterprise Tampa Reeves - 109 E. Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL. 33612
|Book At||Miles/km to Tampa||Depot Count||Directions to Tampa||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated arial. Actual will be different.|
Compare cheap rv motorhome rental prices in Tampa, Florida. We also compare cheap campervan rentals.
Fly Drive in a VroomVroomVroom rental car at Tamp Airport.
5 Fun things to do in Tampa - VroomVroomVroom
Winter Haven, located in Central Florida near Tampa and Orlando, is known for its 45 fresh-water lakes and its proximity to some of Florida's most famous attractions.
Zephyrhills in Florida is a friendly community about thirty miles from Tampa. It offers lots of Florida charm to visitors who can enjoy a blend of outdoor fun and cultural attractions. Here are five