Explore California with a Reliable Car Rental in Anaheim
For many people, hearing the word “Anaheim” evokes imagery of Disneyland! If you're visiting for a vacation or going on a business trip in this gorgeous city, you can use VroomVroomVroom to book a great deal on a car rental. Our focus is on helping you find the perfect vehicle for your next trip.
Anaheim is home to about 1/3 of a million residents, making it a top-10 city in California by population. This city is located south of Fullerton, and northwest of Santa Ana. Famous people born in Anaheim include golf legend Tiger Woods, musicians Gwen Stefani and No Doubt, and WWE wrestler Mark “The Undertaker” Calaway.
Anaheim is home to the world-famous Disneyland Resort, to the gigantic Anaheim Convention Center, and also to Angel Stadium and the Honda Center! Anaheim is full of things to see and do, so why wouldn't you want the freedom that a car rental provides – it's the freedom to explore and experience as much as you possibly can during your trip to Anaheim!
Reasons to book a rental car in Anaheim at VroomVroomVroom
People book with us every day because they want to save and time and money so make sure to book early to get an amazing deal! The benefits of booking your car rental with us are many. Here are some of them:
- Free to book and modify your reservation
- More choices in vehicles
- High quality rental cars from trusted brands
- Convenient pick up and drop off locations
- Get the best rates - check out our Price Promise for more details.
- Real people to help you - contact us now.
Best time to visit Anaheim
If you are planning to go to visit Disneyland, it is best to go from March to May and from September to October because the weather is still warm and it is less crowded since it is still not a school holiday. However, most people visit Anaheim in December to experience the magical Christmas in Disneyland.
Here's more information about America's Resort Epicenter, Anaheim
Why do you need a car rental in Anaheim? Well, in the 1990s, Disneyland expanded and the city of Anaheim began referring to itself as “the Resort Epicenter”. The Anaheim Resort includes the Disneyland Resort (which employs over 22 thousand Californians), Angel Stadium (home of Major League Baseball's Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim), the Honda Center (home of the National Hockey League's Anaheim Ducks), and the Anaheim Convention Center. In 2007, the city opened the Anaheim Walk of Fame near an entrance to Disneyland.
It's obvious that with so many fun destinations packed into a relatively small area of California, getting from place to place can be challenging – that's why booking a car rental at VroomVroomVroom is so wise! You can get around Anaheim quickly and easily when you have your own rental vehicle, and it allows you comfort and space for your family members and all their souvenirs!
If you're in Anaheim on business or for a convention, you might also need a car rental to drive back and forth to Los Angeles. Anaheim's about 25 miles southeast of Downtown L.A., but believe us – in L.A., it can seem like everybody has a car! Traffic can be heavy at times, so when you're choosing the type of car rental and options you desire, it's probably wise to get a vehicle equipped with GPS. And while air conditioning is standard, be sure to test that feature before exiting the car rental lot – you could regret it if you don't!
Drive in a magical atmosphere and compare the cheapest car rental rates in Anaheim.
5 Things to do in Anaheim
Anaheim meaning 'home by the river', was settled by German families in 1857. Since then, the town has progressed from being a grape producing town to a tourist town for its theme parks and other attractions.
1. Spend a day in Disneyland: The Disney theme park was started here in 1955. Initially it had five themed areas like Main Street USA, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, etc. later three more areas were added. In 1998, the amusement park was renamed as Disneyland Park to set it apart from Disneyland Resort.
2. Catch a show in House of Blues: Started by Dan Aykroyd and Isaac Tigrett, this music hall plus restaurant chain is the place to go for a night of good music and food. Located in Downtown Disney, the place opens at 8 p.m.
3. Eat in the ESPN Zone: It is one of the attractions of Downtown Disney. This sports themed restaurant is a great hit with sports fan of all ages.
4. Watch a musical performance in The Groove: The Groove of Anaheim is an indoor live music venue together with a restaurant. There are all kinds of musical shows available here to be watched over dinner.
5. Watch a game in the Honda Pond: It is a sporting arena that can be converted to an amphitheater in only in five hours, which is pretty cool. The official tenant of this hockey stadium is the “The Ducks” and it has hosted shows of artists like Tina Turner, Aerosmith, Shakira and other leading singers.
Get to this arena by hiring a cheap car rental. Anaheim is one town you don't want to miss.
Looking for more activities or attractions in Anaheim?
Perhaps your spouse or family's at one of the events or resorts, and you'd like to do some shopping? Just head out in your car rental and park at the Anaheim Plaza on the west end of town, or Anaheim Town Square on the east end – both offer over 300 thousand square feet of retail stores and shops!
If your kids are tired of Disneyland (ok, maybe that's impossible) or you just want to do something different, there are many other attractions in Anaheim. Drive your car rental to the Flightdeck Air Combat Center, a breathtaking high-tech flight simulation that's been voted one of “the top things to do in Orange County”.