Castle Shannon, a borough in Allegheny County, is located in Pennsylvania, United States. With a population of 8, 315 people, Castle Shannon took its name from a farm that used to be in this area. Although it was first called Shanahan, it later evolved into Shannon. Castle Shannon turned from a farming land into a fairly evolved place, with many attractions, perfect for spending vacation here.
Top Attractions within Castle Shannon
Gold Gallery is located in Castle Shannon and offers its visitors the chance to buy quality and personalized jewelry, so it is the perfect place to visit if you want to buy a souvenir for you or for your loved ones. The owner of this wonderful jewelry store cares about its customers and offers them only quality products.
Mark's Willow Inn is located in Castle Shannon and is a great accommodation for the time you will stay in Castle Shannon. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the prices are very low. Here, you can rest as it is a quiet place and you will have all the comfort. The beds are very comfortable and the sheets very clean. The breakfast is delicious and in this place you will surely find the tranquility you were looking for.
Camp Bow Wow, in Castle Shannon, is a huge playing area where you can play and also have picnics. It is a very friendly atmosphere and you will have the opportunity to socialize and to know new people. Besides, here you will find sleeping facilities.
Bethel Park is located nearby Castle Shannon and is a recreational place where tourists can walk and enjoy nature and animals. The park is located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. Here are several points of interest such as South Park Hundred Acres Minor, South Park Wave Pool and South Hills Village. If you are looking for a place where to take photos with your family, this is the right one.
The borough of Castle Shannon lies in Allegheny County in Pennsylvania. Settlers were originally attracted to this place due to its abundance of timber and fertile farmland. The borough is named after one farm that had the name Shanahan and later came to be known as Shannon. The incorporation of the borough took place in the year 1919 and today visitors frequent the borough for its many nearby attractions.
1. Monongahela Incline: This is in Pittsburgh and boasts of being the nation's steepest and oldest funicular. The length and height of this incline is worth experiencing and is almost like a rollercoaster ride. One does not have to climb Mt. Washington with this incline.
2. Mt. Lebanon Golf Course: This is another major nearby attraction for visitors in the borough of Castle Shannon. This golf course is on Pine Avenue in Pittsburgh and is the ideal place with outdoor and indoor facilities. This par-35, 99-acre course is public. Year round lessons are available.
3. Ice Castle Arena: Ice castle Arena features great year round ice skating facilities in the borough of Castle Shannon. This ice-skating arena features two rinks that conform to the NHL standards and is a great place for players of all ages to try their skills.
4. Gateway Clipper Feet: This is in Pittsburgh and includes a collection of historic riverboats of the region. Visitors can take cruises on the Ohio, Monongahela, and Allegheny Rivers from here. Different cruise options are available at this site.
5. Duquesne Incline: This incline, dating back to the year 1800, is on Grandview Avenue in Pittsburgh. Originally designed as a method to move cargo while avoiding Mt. Washington, today it serves as a tourist attraction where visitors can ride in a carriage and enjoy the scenic beauty of the region.