Download the FREE VroomVroomVroom App
Davis Car Rental Comparison
Davis is a small city in the state of California, with a population of 65.622 residents at the 2010 census. Davis is known for its liberal politics, for having many bicycles and bike paths, and for the campus of the University of California,Davis. Davis is ranked as the second most educated city in the United States. With its wonderful parks, historical sites and old buildings, Davis is a great holiday destination, whether you are planning on staying for a weekend or for a longer holiday. There are a lot of venues you can choose from, the accommodation is diverse, ranging from elegant hotels to camping sites, as well as wonderful landscapes that will make your stay here a pleasant one.
Top Attractions Within Davis
Davis Arboretum is an approximately 100 acre arboretum along the banks of Putah Creek. There are many paved paths and more than 4000 varieties of plants and trees adapted to the Mediterranean climate, cool, wet winters and hot dry summer, typical of California. Plants in the Arboretum are arranged in gardens that represent different geographic areas, plant groups, horticultural themes or historical periods.
Explorit Science Center. Explorit engages children and adults in hands on science discovery. The museum is family friendly as well as the natural site. The center is raising awareness in terms of science, as it relates to the aspects of our lives. It is a great opportunity to learn many new things about how things work and the impact they have on our lives. The center is a great place for children and adults alike.
Davis Rocknasium. One of the earliest climbing gyms in the country, the Rocknasium has 8000 square feet of climbable terrain in a 3600 square foot facility. The climbing range in difficulty from super easy to super hard. The facility welcomes everybody, from the two year old starting to experiment with their coordination, a 10 year old's birthday party, to the hard core climber training for serious competition. Inside the facility, there are also coffee houses and restaurants, where you can enjoy a meal or a cup of coffee, after a hard climb.
Top 5 Things to Do in Davis
Davis is a city in Yolo County, California, US. According to the survey, the city had a populace of 64,821. Davis was positioned as the second most erudite city in the USA.
1. Go rock climbing: If you want to learn rock climbing then a visit to the 2,400 square foot Rocknasium gym is a must. The climbing wall is made of undulated bricks and lumps of artificial rocks form a landscape that gives an effect that climbers find in natural settings.
2. Visit an arts gallery: The art of ceramics has a history in Davis; many popular sculptors in this medium exist in the town. The Natsoulas Gallery features work from over fifty artists. A range of work can be seen here from clay to paintings and from ceramics to sculptures. It also presents visual, language and musical events.
3. Learn plant life: Many school children come here to be taught about the native flora on this distinctive 80-acre preserve. During camps in summer, children get a close and personal look at nature. The UC Davis Arboretum is not only for kids. The staff presents gardening and landscaping workshops for grownups.
4. Visit a handicraft shop: This place is an extension of a non-profit organization designed to promote the works of indigenous international artists. At De Colors the shelves are stocked with crafts, jewelry, garments, cards and other stuff made by native craftspeople.
5. See some rare paintings: Twenty-five years ago, Pence gallery was originally a dentist's office. Over fifty artists, including Wayne Thiebaud and Robert Arneson, have given their time or offered work to support the gallery.
United States, California, United States
Other locations near Davis