Did you know that Woodland was the former Yolo City?
Best Way to Travel: Bus, Car, on Foot, Train
#1 Thing to do: Heidrick AG History Center
#2 Thing to do: Yolo County Historical Museum
#3 Thing to do: Woodland Opera House Theater
Fun Fact: The Yolo County is one of the largest crop producers in California.
#1 Car Rental Company: Avis
Woodland is located in the Yolo County, in the State of California. As the county seat, Woodland has a growing population, which numbers approximately 55,470 inhabitants. The City of Trees, as Woodland is also called, is part of the larger Sacramento - Arden - Arcade - Roseville Metropolitan Statistical Area. Woodland was established in 1853 and was later on incorporated in 1871.
Top Attractions within Woodland
The Heidrick Ag History Center and Hays Antique Truck Museum are two locations that you must visit in Woodland. The history center is based on agricultural and farming practices and will enable you to see artifacts from this domain. The Truck Museum presents a variety of related artifacts, such as tools, trailers, trucking utensils and more. This is a great opportunity for people passionate about unique elements of the past.
The Reiff's Antique Gas Station Automotive Museum is dedicated to those passionate about the automotive industry. It comes as a collection of car culture from the period of the 1950s and of the 1960s. This is a unique opportunity for people in Woodland to see a variety of interesting artifacts, such as gas pumps, gas station logos and signs, all in the amazing old-fashioned way that you only get to see in movies.
The Stroll through History is an opportunity to learn more about the past of the Woodland community. The guided tour is planned in one of the first Saturdays of September each year. Among the most interesting things to admire on the historical tour are: historic city areas, showcases of various historic artifacts, Victorian homes and many more.
The Yolo County Fair is one of the largest celebrations held in Woodland. This event is held each year, in the middle of August, from Wednesday to Sunday. There are competitions, shows, contests, concerts, markets and food stands everywhere, so that the people coming here during the fair can have the most amazing period of their vacation. The Yolo County Fair has included, in recent years, the "Yolo Idol Search", a singing competition based on the popular American Idol show.
This old Gold Rush town is still alive and kicking, with a vibrant sense of history and a welcoming attitude toward visitors and tourists.
1. Hayes Antique Truck Museum: This museum holds over 100 types of antique trucks, making it one of the biggest museums of its kind in the country. You can also find antique trailers and trucking memorabilia.
2. Stroll Through History: This annual festival allows all the people in Woodland to take a step back in time and experience the town in its old Gold Rush days. Historic homes are open for public tours, authentic costumes and automobiles color the streets, and a pancake breakfast tops it all off deliciously.
3. Sacramento River Train: To explore the region's colorful Gold Rush background, take a ride on this train and have one of three meals a day, or a dinner party, or even a special murder mystery dinner party. The train is gold and blue on the outside, so you can't miss it!
4. Yolo County Fair: This fair happens only in August, but it is special enough to catch. It is one of the last free-entry fairs in California, and features everything you'd expect from an old fashioned county fair: food, animals, artwork, and fun.
5. Take a tour of the city and visit buildings from the National Register of Historic Places: Many of the Victorian-era homes and other buildings of the region are excellently preserved and still in use today. Take a stroll around town and visit, stopping at one of Woodland's unique and delicious restaurants along the way.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Woodland. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Woodland||Directions to Woodland||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|