Initially in 1850 Elk Grove city in Sacramento, California was a stagecoach stop and is now rated as the fastest growing city in USA. It is located 15 miles south of the historic Sutter's Fort. It played its role in the California gold rush. There are plenty of attractions in this rapidly growing city.
1. Enjoy a whole year of festivity: There are several festivals that are held in Elk Grove depending on the time of the year. Elk Grove Western Festival in May, Old Town Open Aire Faire in June & July, and Elk Grove Giant Pumpkin & Harvest Festival in October and there are two festivals in November and December.
2. Have a day time rafting adventure: Close to Elk Grove, go rafting on American river. One can hire a raft or a kayak from American River Raft Rentals and drift leisurely downstream to Goethe Park. The trip would take about 3 hours and is a good way to relax.
3. See the largest train museum in the country: The California State Railroad Museum is a show piece of the history of railroads back to the days of the gold rush. One can spend hours looking at restored locomotives, carriages and other railroad equipment.
4. Play golf at a beautiful golf course: The Antelope Greens Golf course is a beautifully maintained 18-hole golf course, where a golfer can play a game in just 3 hours.
5. Visit a museum: There are many museums close to Elk Grove that people who are fond of visiting such places can go to.