Emmaus Car Rental Comparison
Emmaus is a borough in Leigh County, in the state of Pennsylvania, with a population of 11.313 residents at the 2000 census. For two years in a row, Emmaus was listed as one of the best places to live by Money magazine. Emmaus was settled in the 1740s and for more than 100 years, it was a closed community of the Moravian Church. In the 19th century, Emmaus became an important silk and cigar manufacturing town. With its wide variety of accommodation, venues and attractions, Emmaus is a charming holiday destination.
Top Attractions Within Emmaus
Moravian Brotherhood Museum is a great place where you can learn more interesting things about the Moravian community in Emmaus. The museum is a very simple and small affair, but it is packed with things used by people. There are displays that range from pistols to trombones. All of these exhibits seem to tell a story. The volunteers are always ready to show you around and provide you with additional information.
The Shelter House is located on the north face of South Mountain where three streams converge. The Emmaus Shelter House was formed in the 1950s by Senator Henry Snyder. The building was restored after the appropriate historic preservation guidelines. The venue is open to the public. There are a lot of books from the personal collection of Senator Snyder, as well as antique furniture.
Indian Creek Golf Club is a great place where you can have lots of fun practising your golf skills. Regardless if you are a beginner or an expert in golf, you will surely enjoy yourself. The venue has a lot of modern amenities and you can rent everything: from the golf shoes to the golf clubs and carts. If you want to enjoy an outdoor experience, then the Emmaus Indian Creek Golf Club is the perfect place to do so.
Top 5 Things to Do in Emmaus
Emmaus is located in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania. Allentown lies towards the south of the city, which was established in 1759. In 1800 iron ore was discovered, though the city is also known as a center for silk and cigar production.
1. Museum of Indian Culture: This museum is located near Leigh Valley Hospital and is dedicated to understanding Native American culture. The building is decorated with Indian artwork, basketry and quill working.
2. Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom: This is the largest water park in America. The park provides an endless range of entertainment for the whole family, with numerous rides, water slides and picnic spots. Dorney Park is well known for its heart throbbing, roller coaster rides and other thrilling attractions.
3. Allentown Municipal Golf Course: This 18 hole course is always maintained to a very high standard and features sand bunkers and ponds. Allentown golf course is just across from Trexle Park, to the north of Philadelphia.
4. Da Vinci Discovery Center of Science and Technology: The center is located in the campus of Cedar Crest College and aims to provide a high standard of education in the fields of science, technology.
5. Emmaus High School: The school's mission is to educate everyone to the same level, without discrimination. It believes that we all have the ability to succeed and progress in life and tries to instill, in its students, the skill of time management, social skills and reasoning power.