Jefferson City Car Rental Comparison
Jefferson City, Missouri is the capital of the state. The namesake of President Thomas Jefferson, this region is closely tied to the launch of the Lewis & Clark Expedition, authorized by President Jefferson at the beginning of the 19th century.
5 Things To Do While You Are In Jefferson City
When traveling to Jefferson City, be sure to visit these 5 locations:
1. Jefferson's Landing, the original river landing at which Jefferson City was settled, is suspected of being the oldest building in the city. The Lohman Building, located at the landing site, was an inn, a store, and a warehouse for steamboat passengers; now the building is an exhibit of 19th-century transportation.
2. The Museum of Missouri Military History pays tribute to the Missouri National Guard and exhibits artifacts from past wars, including the Mexican War, the Civil War, World War I, and War II.
3. The German community of Old Munichburg thrives, with a number of shops, restaurants, and festivals (including Oktoberfest!) for residents and tourists to enjoy.
4. And more festivals! Plan your trip to Jefferson City, Missouri ahead of time, so you may enjoy a myriad of festivals hosted by the city, including Lewis & Clark Trading Day (September), the Multicultural Fall Festival: All the World's a Stage (September), and Christkindelfest (December).
5. The Missouri Capitol is also home to the Missouri State Museum, with exhibits chronicling the history of the Capitol building and its significance. A guided tour of the Capitol will provide additional history of the building and the state of Missouri.