Liberty is located in the State of Missouri, United States of America. The importance of the city of Liberty is given through the fact that it is the seat of the Clay County. In addition to this, Liberty is part of the suburban areas of Kansas City and it is included in the Kansas City Metropolitan Area. The population in Liberty reaches approximately 29,150 inhabitants.
Top Attractions within Liberty
The Liberty Jail Museum is one of the major landmarks of the community. The museum is opened on the site of the real former jail of the city and it presents a variety of collections related to the life of the prisoners. The importance of the jail museum is given by the fact that this is the place in which Joseph Smith Jr. and his associates were held after the Latter Day Saint movement. Visiting the jail museum is a unique experience for people of all ages.
The Gano Chapel is another landmark for the community in Liberty. It is one of the most important religious monuments, which has been properly restored recently after the damages suffered during the 2003 tornado. The clock tower of the chapel is one of the easily recognizable symbols of the community, which has been damaged the most during the tornado, but is now shaped perfectly again.
The Summer Concert Series are the most expected musical events of the year in Liberty. These are suitable entertainment means for the residents, as well as for those visiting the city. All the concerts start during the evening and are held at the intersection of the Water and Kansas streets, where people may come with their blankets and chairs to see the amazing open air performances.
The Bennett Park provides suitable ground for people in Liberty to spend quality times outdoors. There are picnic shelters and stands that can be used in the park, playgrounds and restrooms. For those interested in a more athletic afternoon, there are tennis courts, a soccer field, a baseball field, a skate park and a nature trail through which to explore the grounds.
Liberty is located in Clay County in the metro area of Kansas City, Missouri. Liberty is the county seat and has a comparatively small population. In recent years the city has gained immense popularity as a tourist destination. The city was first settled in 1822.
1. Visit the Jesse James Bank Museum: This is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Liberty City. The site is named after the famous outlaw, Jesse James, who robbed several banks in the area in 1866.
2. Enjoy a fun filled experience at the Worlds of Fun: The Worlds of Fun is an amusement park in the city of Liberty. The park is visited by thousands of tourists each year and is one of the most famous attractions in the city.
3. Visit Fort Osage: This fort was built by General William Clark in 1808. The fort was built for the promotion and protection of the trade with Osage Indians. Over a period of time, the fort's structure was dismantled. However, the reconstruction of the building was undertaken in the year 1947.
4. Visit the Wallace State Park for a relaxing experience: At the park you can enjoy activities like hiking, camping and picnicking.
5. Visit the Watkins Mill State Park: This is also one of the popular state parks in the city. The park houses preserved mills, and a living history farm. At the park you can also enjoy swimming, fishing, hiking, biking and camping.