Nyack Car Rental Comparison: For better choices and bigger savings
Did you know that Nyack is one of the five villages that make up the area of southeastern Rockland County called the Nyacks?
Best Way to Travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: Nyack Beach State Park
#2 Thing to do: Hopper House Art Center
#3 Thing to do: Oak Hill Cemetery
Fun Fact: The Edward Hopper House Art Center, built in 1858, was the home of the realist painter Edward Hopper.
#1 Car Rental Company: Enterprise
5 Things You Must Do in West Nyack
West Nyack, New York (population 4,000), is 11 miles west of White Plains and 24 miles north of New York City.
1. Krazy City Amusement Park: At West Nyack's Palisades Center, this indoor theme park offers rides, attractions, games, miniature golf, Thunder Bowl, and a haunted roller coaster.
2. State parks: West Nyack is close to three state parks on the Hudson River: Rockland Lake, Nyack Beach, and Tallman Mountain. They offer boating, fishing, beaching, Nordic skiing, ice skating, swimming, hiking, birding, bicycling, and nature viewing.
3. Art of Play: At this art studio, enrichment center, and play place, youngsters age 2-9 can explore and learn. They may create in The Art Studio, perform on The Stage, or play in The Tree Fort. There are also Enrichment Classes for cultural development.
4. Bear Mountain State Park: This facility's main attraction is a merry-go-round that features hand-painted scenes of the park and 42 hand-carved seats of native animals, including black bear, wild turkey, deer, raccoon, skunk, Canada goose, fox, swan, bobcat, and rabbit. Fishing, picnicking, swimming, boating, ball fields, basketball courts, hiking paths, biking, ice skating, sledding, cross-country ski trails, and the Trailside Museum/Zoo are also offered.
5. Ferris wheel and carousel rides: At Palisades Center, there is a 68-foot-high Ferris wheel. The Philadelphia Toboggan Company's circa 1907 Carousel Number 15 was created under the leadership of master carver Leo Zoller. It is famous for its totally hand-carved, deep-relief, enormously large and highly animated animals and its historical rounding boards that carry 40 cherubs, 19 pheasants and 24 bunnies, burros, and dogs.