Start Your Adventure in Virginia with a Cheap Car Rental in Richmond
When you're traveling to Richmond and looking for a rental car that won't bust your budget, you can always use VroomVroomVroom to compare prices on quality rental cars and trucks at the best deals in Virginia! We are the experts in cheap car rental rate comparison, and we provide top-rated rentals from all of the best car hire agencies such Hertz, Budget, Avis and Enterprise.
Richmond is a city of about 210 thousand people, with over 1 million more living in its surrounding metropolitan area. This city – located just less than 100 miles south of the national capital of Washington – also serves as the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia (usually referred to as one of the 50 United States). St. John's Church in Richmond was the site of Patrick Henry's speech in 1775, in which he famously said, "Give me liberty or give me death!" Richmond was also the birthplace of a pro tennis legend, the late Arthur Ashe.
Why rent a car in Richmond with VroomVroomVroom?
You don't need to look at a single other site – we have the best rates for booking a rental car in Richmond, or anywhere else you need to be! There are several advantages you'll enjoy when you book your Richmond car rental here:
- There is never a booking fee! We don't add any charges to the rental companies' rates.
- We don't have modification fee.
- You can also cancel for free as long as you do it 48 hours prior your pickup.
- Save money and time! Let's face it, every one of us could use more of both.
- We'll match any price using our Price Promise! Check the Price Promise page to get the details.
- Feel safe using our secure website! Your personal info is protected via SSL encryption.
- Once you've picked up the cheap car rental that you book with us today, Richmond and all its attractions will be yours to explore – and you can do that without hurrying, at your own pace, and at your convenience! Contact us today via chat, email or phone call!
Driving tips in Richmond
Are you a sports fan? Drive your car rental over to the downtown Richmond Coliseum, and take in a home game of the Richmond Raiders PIFL indoor football team. Also while you're in town, get tickets to a NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Richmond International Raceway, or visit the local short-track, the Southside Speedway for one of its weekly stock car racing events! Or, you could drive your rental car to see the San Francisco Giants' AA farm team, the Richmond Flying Squirrels of the Eastern League! The Squirrels opened their first season at The Diamond in 2010, after longtime Atlanta Braves AAA team (the Richmond Braves) had moved to Gwinnett County, Georgia.
5 Things You Must Do in Richmond
Richmond in Virginia is a real jewel for culture vultures and modern day trend setters alike. The top 5 things to do in Richmond are:
1.Science Museum of Virginia. At the Science Museum of Virginia, sited at West Broad Street in Richmond. A whole host of exhibits await the curious and the format is readily accessible, even to people who are not keen on science, with a changing range of exhibitions within the main museum it really shouldn't be missed.
2. Guided Tours around Richmond. An historic trip around Richmond by either a guided bus tour or following a map and going on foot. The bus tours vary in their specialities and there are a whole range of historic sites to be seen. This will give you a real flavour of Richmond.
3. Branch House. Visit the Branch House at 2501 Monument Avenue. This is an architectural masterpiece which is an exciting building to view both internally and externally. A glimpse of days gone by.
4. Richmond National Battlefield Park. Take a trip to the Richmond National Battlefield Park where the Civil War raged way back in the 1860's. A visitor's centre gives a great deal of information about the Civil War and its impact and there are some great facilities, with a very eerie feeling on the Battlefield itself.
5. Capitol Spare. See the beauty of Capitol Spare with its beautiful trees, lawns and palatial buildings. The State Capital building, the Rotunda as well as the Governor's Mansion all provide a feast for the eyes and a gentle, laid back ambience makes the whole outing a real pleasure.