Are you looking for a cheap car rental in Wallingford? We at VroomVroomVroom can help you find a vehicle that will fit your budget by listing down the available rental cars from our partners, including Enterprise. You can filter the result by price to see the car rental with the lowest rate. If you are in search of a specific car, you can also filter by vehicle size or supplier.Wallingford is located in the South Central Region of the New Haven County, in the State of Connecticut. As one of the major towns in the region, it has a growing population, which numbers approximately 43,025 inhabitants. The town of Wallingford was established here in 1670. There are many attractions in Wallingford, which make it into a favorite touristic spot for many people.
Wallingford, Connecticut (population 44,000), is five miles south of Meriden, 13 miles north of New Haven, and 78 miles northeast of New York City. Settled in 1670, it is on the banks of the Quinnipiac River. In its early days, Wallingford was noted for its silversmithing, and had several factories of the International Silver Company.
1. Sleeping Giant State Park: This park is named for two miles of mountaintop resembling a large man lying in repose. A 1 ½-mile scenic trail leads to a stone observation tower on the peak of Mount Carmel, which provides an excellent view of Long Island Sound and the New Haven area. The park has 30 miles of hiking trails and fishing in a lake.
2. Lock 12 State Historic Park: This park celebrating the history of America's inland waterways transport system contains a pavilion, picnic area, restored 150-year-old canal lock (one of the original Farmington Canal's locks from 1828-48), and museum. The park also includes a lockkeeper's house, helicoidal bridge, and a 2.9-mile hiking/biking trail.
3. Barker Character, Comic & Cartoon Museum: In nearby Cheshire, this quirky museum houses over 80,000 items, including toys and character collectibles from 1873 to present. It has Western, TV, and advertising collectibles; cartoon memorabilia; and a sculpture gallery; and is the official museum for Celebriducks, the California Raisins, and Gumby.
4. Wharton Brook State Park: Located on wooded, sandy knolls, Wharton Brook offers solitude for a quiet, peaceful picnic. In 1918-20, it is known as a travelers' wayside where motorists could stop to have their cars serviced and enjoy lunch. It was the forerunner of the rest areas developed by the State Department of Transportation. Swimming is enjoyed at the park's river beach.
5. Peabody Yale Museum: Due south of Wallington is New Haven, home to Yale University, one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in the U.S. A campus must-see is the Peabody Museum's natural history exhibits with an emphasis on vertebrate zoology, botany, geology, astronomy and ornithology. The museum is also known for its ethnography and anthropology displays.
The Paul Mellon Arts Center is located in Wallingford. This venue comes as one of the major contributors to the cultural and artistic development of the region. The arts center is located on the campus of the Choate Rosemary Hall school and was completed in 1972. There are many artistic representations to be seen here. The aim of the center is to encourage those with talents to act on their skills from early school years, as they have a suitable mean for training and displaying their works.
The Nehemiah Royce House is one of the most important historical and architectural landmarks of Wallingford. This home was built in 1672, being one of the first constructions in the area. In 1998, the Nehemiah Royce House was added to the National Register of Historic Places, for its importance to the past and to the evolution of this community. The architectural style is Colonial and it can be admired for its simplicity and classiness.
On Track Carting is a great experience for people of all ages to have in Wallingford. You can book time on the indoor track and enjoy as many laps as you can. This is an activity preferred by people of all ages, even by those who do not drive on a daily basis. Parties and events can be planned at the carting club, so that only you and your friends can have fun during a special moment.
The Laskara Restaurant specializes in making fine Mediterranean cuisine for all people living in or visiting Wallingford. Through the meals you can try, you will have a unique vacation experience and will make a difference from all the usual dinners you have had before.