Waukesha is a charming city in Wisconsin, with a total population of 70.718 residents, at the 2010 census, making it the largest community in the county and 7th largest in the state. Waukesha is a progressive leader in providing a high quality of life at a conservative price, with the goal to become the #1 rated Best Small City in America. The name of Waukesha is actually an Anglicisation of the Ojibwe proper name Waagoshag or the Potawatomi name Wau-tsha. Matthew Laflin, an early pioneer of Chicago, Illinois, provided the capital and enterprise that laid the foundation for Waukesha as a famous Wisconsin watering resort.
Top Attractions Within Waukesha
Waukesha Park is a wonderful facility in Waukesha, where people can enjoy a great afternoon off walking, hiking, biking or taking on other activities such as boating and golfing. Other activities you can resort to are camping, picnicking, swimming and building rentals. If you want, you can even choose to spend the night here, out in the open.
Waukesha Planetarium opened in 2005. The sky theatre is equipped with a large variety of specialized visual effects projectors which can create auroras, meteors, eclipses, lighting, rockets, hurtling through space or a journey to the surface of another world. The Waukesha Planetarium serves as a resource to students, teachers and tourists, providing the latest information in the field of astronomy.
La Estacion is a wonderful eating spot in Waukesha, where you can have the freshest and most delicious Mexican meals in town. Fine met, wine and coffee selections reflect the high quality standards the venue operates by. The menu is very rich as it consists in a wide range of beverages, appetisers, soups, salads, breakfast, kid's menu, Mexican specialities and Mexican favourites.
Weissberger's Gashaus is a unique restaurant in Waukesha that provides authentic German foods. The bar and the biergarten serve modern appetisers and the very own Weissberger Sausages, perfectly complemented by the restaurant with outstanding beers and wines. The ambiance is great, since it will make you feel at home in Old Germany.
Waukesha is a city in Waukesha country and it is the county-seat of Wisconsin (United States). According to the 2000 Census, the population of the Waukesha city consisted of 64,826 people. The location of the city is adjacent to Waukesha Town. In the year 2006, Money Magazine ranked Waukesha, 36th on its listing of 100 finest places to reside in the USA. The city has the marvelous locations that one can explore such as:
1. Waukesha's Forestry, Parks and Recreation: Visitors can have fun and thrilling recreation, sports, fitness, aquatics, and fortification programs through Waukesha's amusement parks and forests. Waukesha has about 46 amusement parks all throughout the city. In addition, it has many amenities such as two recreational centers, two public swimming pools, and more than forty tennis courts.
2. Waukesha's Memorable Library: It is owned by private individuals, offering services to more than 100,000 communities. The library offers interesting and demanding books such as the periodical books of the early history of the city, children's comical books, technological books, and so on.
3. Fascinating Shopping Malls in Waukesha: Shopping in Waukesha is like shopping in 10 countries, as many desired items can be purchased from Waukesha shopping centers. The main specialties of such shopping malls are that they offer high-quality products with reasonable prices.
4. Waukesha Attractive Beach: The Beach houses are filled with mirrors and stirring floors. Due to its nice, calm, and peaceful nature, it has become one of the favorite places for the tourist.
5. Best Western Waukesha Grand Hotel: The specialty about this hotel is that it offers friendly midwest hospitality, clean and specious room, all for an unbeatable price.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Waukesha. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Waukesha||Directions to Waukesha||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|