Beloit Car Rental Comparison
Beloit is located in Rock County, Wisconsin. The city of Beloit has a population of almost 37,000 people, which pride themselves for living here through all sorts of famous activities and elements, such as the reputed Beloit College and the world's largest can of chili. Other claims and gains are the development of the Korn Kurls and the speedometer. For their pride and dedication, the habitants won for Beloit the title of an All-American City.
Top Attractions within Beloit
The Beloit Civic Theater was opened in 1932 and has since delighted people living or visiting Beloit with numerous plays of all ranges. The performances held here have managed to gain more and more subscriptions and memberships every year, turning the community into one with values and respect for the arts. Comedies, dramas, musicals, thrillers and special events on holidays are the things that keep people coming back for more at the Civic Center.
The Wright Museum of Art in Beloit, although small, has a collection of almost 6,000 objects, set out and displayed in five galleries and exhibitions. The museum is run by the local College, which is why it also offers the possibility for people to attend museum studies and learn how to maintain and preserve artifacts. This is the place were several art classes and art history lessons are given for students and for everyone else who wants to learn more.
The Beloit International Film Festival is a major event, which gathers many visitors to Beloit. The celebration includes multiple screenings and spectacles, all in the name of popularizing American films that were not made in Hollywood and that are, in fact, art films and creations. These are made by American documentaries and artistic films producers, as well as some international names. The festival features awards for a number of special categories, in which the presented films have entered.
Winterfest is one of the local festivals, that is focused on the organization of winter sports and activities. There are many slopes and categories for everyone to be able to participate and have lots of fun.
Top 5 Things to Do in Beloit
Located in Rock County, Wisconsin, United States, is the city of Beloit. The city of Beloit lays claim to various inventions such as the speedometer, Korn Kurls and Appleby's Twine Binder. Beloit is located in the extreme south of the state of Wisconsin.
1. Angel Museum: the Museum holds one of the largest privately held angel collections in the world. The Berg Angel Collection is listed in the Guinness Book of World records as the world's largest angel collection.
2. Beckman Mill: the mill has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is one of Wisconsin's only restored functioning water-powered grist mills. While visiting the mill stop by and take a look at the saw mill, blacksmith and creamery displays, a rebuilt dam, picnic area and wildflower garden.
3. Hanchett-Bartlett Homestead: step back in time and take a glimpse of how life was in the mid 1800's in this tastefully renovated Victorian homestead, barn and school house of pioneer dam builder James Hanchett.
4. Logan Museum of Anthropology: as part of Beloit College the museum serves to teach students and the general public about past and present world cultures. The array of articles includes those from Native Americans, pre-Colombian and prehistoric Native Americans.
5. Stone Water Tower: this octagonal limestone water tower was built in the late 1800's and sits at the top of a bluff overlooking Rock River. The original shingle style pump house to the tower now serves as the Beloit Visitor Center.