Compare Deals in Ohio to Find a Cheap Car Rental in Dublin
Dublin city lies within the borders of counties Delaware, Franklin and Union in the state of Ohio. The city was named after the Irish city Dublin. The earliest settlers here were John Sells and his partner John Shields, the Irishman responsible for naming the American city after the city in Ireland. The city still has its Irish traditions that makes it an interesting place to visit.
Top 5 Popular Things to do in Dublin
1. Enjoy an Irish parade. St. Patrick's Day parade, a traditional Irish Festival, is held annually on the 17th of March. If one happens to be in Dublin, the parade and the festivities are worth checking out.
2. Visit a concrete field of corn. Imagine 109 human-sized ears of corn in a field. This rather bizarre field was designed and constructed by Sam Frantz, who was a pioneer in hybrid corn experiments. When he stopped farming, he put up these concrete ears of corn as a symbol.
3. Experience an Irish-themed evening. There are a number of traditional Irish pubs in downtown Dublin where one can spend an interesting evening. The friendly atmosphere in these pubs is very inviting.
4. Attend an Irish festival. The Dublin Irish Festival is held every year in August. What started as a small event held on a tennis court has now become very popular, attracting over 100,000 people. Join some Irish festivities and witness the dance competitions!
5. Watch top golfers compete. The Memorial Tournament is a PGA Golf tournament that is held every year. Golf aficionados will enjoy watching top golfers in action.
Top Attractions within Dublin
The Memorial Tournament is one of the most famous golfing championships in the state. It is held every year, between May and June, in Dublin. Golfing clubs from all over the city send their best representatives to join the tournament. Visitors are welcomed in large numbers to witness the events, games and other activities hosted during the tournament.
The Tartan Fields Golf Club is one of the many golf facilities in the city. This particular place focuses on giving children a chance to learn and appreciate golf by being the home of the Wendy's Championship for Children Tournament. The club promotes golf as an activity suitable to children of all ages. Local children as well as travelers visiting with their families can enjoy golfing here.
The Abbey Theater is the main contributor to the cultural development of the city. The productions staged here cover a wide variety of genres suitable to all ages and likings. People may witness musicals, dramas and comedies or take their children to productions specially made for kids. The theater usually runs a single play for a whole month, so that everyone can make time to see it.
The Dublin Community Outdoor Pools (South and North) are the major summer attractions for those who want to relax and have fun by the pool. People will have the opportunity to swim, sunbathe, use many facilities and pool slides. Visitors can organize events here and avail discounts for large groups.