Homestead is located in the Miami-Dade County, in the State of Florida. As a major city, Homestead has a population numbering over 31,900 inhabitants. The city of Homestead is located in between two reservations: the Biscayne National Park and the Everglades National Park. As it started of as a small agricultural community, Homestead is now one of the suburbs of Miami.
Top Attractions within Homestead
The Coral Castle is a massive structure made out of stone, which can be visited in Homestead. The creation is very famous and was designed in 1920, by Latvian American Edward Leedskalnin. There are numerous urban legends connected to the Coral Castle, which makes it even more appealing for tourists.
The Biscayne National Park is one of the two large reservations that surround the city of Homestead. This particular one is open for scuba diving and other related activities, which provide people with the suitable equipment and opportunities to explore the natural coral reef. Other activities to be taken here are: canoing, sailing, cruising and kayaking. You may also like to reside in the park, as it has several designated areas for camping. The best feature here is that you can admire numerous species of birds, animals and plants.
The Everglades National Park is the other reservation which provides the perfect medium for camping and nature observation in Homestead. You will come to enjoy camping sites, recreational activities and designated trails for walking, bicycle riding and hiking. Numerous fauna and flora species are also amazing to admire at the Evergaldes National Park.
The Fruit and Spice Park is a botanical garden, located near Homestead. You can admire a wide variety of around 500 species of small plants and trees. There are colorful sceneries designed with the help of banana trees, bamboos, guava trees, lychee plants and so on.
The Monkey Jungle is one of the best wildlife observance locations in Homestead. It was established in 1933 and it houses numerous exhibits related to monkeys. Numerous studies and researches have been conducted here on the species. It is a great place to visit with your family.
Homestead, which was incorporated in 1913, is located in Miami-County, Florida and is the second oldest city in the state, after Miami. The city is nestled between two National Parks and has a range of tourist attractions.
1. Do not miss the Coral Castle: Edward Leedskalnin created this structure after his sixteen-year-old fiancée, Agnes Scuffs, broke off their engagement, just a day before the wedding was due to be held in Latvia. He spent the following 28 years building his coral castle.
2. Visit the Knaus Berry Farm: There are botanical garden containing more than 500 varieties of fruits, nuts and spice trees. Visitors can sample the fruit lying on the ground but are strictly prohibited from plucking any from the trees. There is a store in the complex that sells spices, sauces, jams and jellies, along with various informative books.
3. Plan a trip to the Theater of the Sea: This marine park is located in Islamorada and the facilities it has on offer provide you with the opportunity to experience close encounters with a range of sea-life, including dolphins, sea lions and stingrays.
4. See the Redland Riding Academy: This riding academy specializes in breeding, riding and boarding horses. The family oriented center employs extremely helpful staff and excellent horses.
5. Explore the Everglades National Park: This is the largest subtropical wilderness in the U.S. It has been designated as a world heritage site and there are 15 endangered and protected species living here, including the Florida panther and the American crocodile.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Homestead. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Homestead||Directions to Homestead||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|