California is the land of sun and sand, of Hollywood and California girls. Anyone who visits the state can enjoy a wealth of attractions and events that keep you busy from sunrise to sunset and beyond. Whether you spend your day on the beach or your evenings dancing the nights away at the trendiest clubs in town, Lakewood is a great base from which to enjoy a wide range of activities.
1) Enjoy the Fireworks Show: Every year Lakewood holds what they call a 'fireworks extravaganza' – the fourth of July weekend is filled with exciting events for children and adults at this ocean-side community.
2) Enjoy a concert: Lakewood holds a Concert in the Park series every summer. Whether you like country and western, pop, jazz or rock the venues are full of people of all age groups enjoying the warm summer breezes and the joys of music in the park.
3) Join the Pan American Festival: Celebrating a rich cultural heritage from two countries, Lakewood honours its Mexican past with the Pan American Festival that lasts three days. Visitors will enjoy the tastes, sounds and joys of a true California-style party.
4) Visit the Queen Mary: A short drive from Lakewood is the Queen Mary, docked in Long Beach harbour. Tour the ship, enjoy a stately meal and explore the haunted cabins.
5) Enjoy the Aquarium of the Pacific: Minutes from Lakewood, delighted visitors can find the aquarium. Exhibits range from the frigid waters of the North Pacific to the beautiful reefs of the tropics.