Lakewood is a beautiful city located in Los Angeles County, California, United States of America. The city is bordered by Long Beach on south-west and has a typical Californian aspect that tourists love. Lakewood California has a meaningful motto – Tomorrow's City Today
and is also called an instant city,
as it developed very quickly.
Lakewood is a planed, post war community. After World War II, Southern California had to completely change and one of the results of this change is the city of Lakewood. Lakewood California was incorporated in 1954 as the first contract city in the country. The top employers of the city include Long Beach Unified School District, Los Angeles County and McDonald's. If you want to visit Lakewood, make sure you do not miss some of the following points of interest.
Top 5 Things to Do in Lakewood, CA
California is the land of sun and sand, of Hollywood and California girls. Anyone who visits the state can enjoy a wealth of attractions and events that keep you busy from sunrise to sunset and beyond. Whether you spend your day on the beach or your evenings dancing the nights away at the trendiest clubs in town, Lakewood is a great base from which to enjoy a wide range of activities.
1) Enjoy the Fireworks Show: Every year Lakewood holds what they call a 'fireworks extravaganza' – the fourth of July weekend is filled with exciting events for children and adults at this ocean-side community.
2) Enjoy a concert: Lakewood holds a Concert in the Park series every summer. Whether you like country and western, pop, jazz or rock the venues are full of people of all age groups enjoying the warm summer breezes and the joys of music in the park.
3) Join the Pan American Festival: Celebrating a rich cultural heritage from two countries, Lakewood honours its Mexican past with the Pan American Festival that lasts three days. Visitors will enjoy the tastes, sounds and joys of a true California-style party.
4) Visit the Queen Mary: A short drive from Lakewood is the Queen Mary, docked in Long Beach harbour. Tour the ship, enjoy a stately meal and explore the haunted cabins.
5) Enjoy the Aquarium of the Pacific: Minutes from Lakewood, delighted visitors can find the aquarium. Exhibits range from the frigid waters of the North Pacific to the beautiful reefs of the tropics.
Top Attractions within Lakewood
Lakewood Country Club and Tennis Center is a great recreational center where you can either play golf or try tennis. Sport pros are always there to help you and you can start learning any of these games if you are a beginner. If you already are a professional, you will find serious competition at this center.
Studio Cie is a typical Lakewood attraction. In Los Angles County, the looks are more important than in any other place, so Studio Cie offers professional makeup services. The great salon also has skin treatments, famous in the area.
Zanzabuku Cocktails is a must for a night out in Lakewood California. Here is the place of countless cocktails and never ending music. You can try a lot of beverages or, if you feel creative, you can try to come up with the idea of a new one. Maybe even the other customers will appreciate it and you will become a regular of this entertaining Lakewood hot spot.