West Palm Beach is a city with around 105 thousand residents, located in South Florida. The original spelling of this city's name, “Westpalmbeach” – as one word with 13 letters – was considered unlucky and officially changed in 1894. The population of West Palm Beach has boomed in recent decades, increasing by more than 50% since 25 years ago, when it was under 70 thousand!
If you are going to be in West Palm Beach and need a rental car to use as you explore this great area, we can help you to find the cheapest rates on car rental anywhere in South Florida! A rental car will allow you to see all the sights, visit all of the cool attractions, and frequent all of the fine restaurants that West Palm Beach has to offer!
We are experts in rental car rate comparison and we help travelers every day to book vehicles in West Palm Beach. Advantages of booking your cheap car rental with us include:
Love the arts? Drive your rental on down to The Four Arts Museum in Palm Beach, Florida where the society's mission is to exhibit the four arts of music, drama, literature, and art! You can enjoy a walk around the beautiful art gallery, see a film, visit the children's library, or catch a live performance of the Metropolitan, broadcast in HD!
Hop in your rental and drive on over to Palm Beach's only amphibious tour -- it's called the Diva Duck! It's a safe 75-minute ride on land and on sea, fully narrated, and packed with historical information! Quack along and enjoy the ride on the Diva Duck!
Rent a car with us in Palm Beach and visit the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse & Museum on the waterfront! Take the beautiful sunset tour! You won't be disappointed!
Looking for some peace and quiet in Palm Beach? Visit the Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens! Ann Norton's beautiful sculptures tell a wonderful story. A guide will be there to show you around!
West Palm Beach, Florida (population 90,000), is 70 miles north of Miami and 46 miles north of Fort Lauderdale. The city has been credited with being one of the best places to live and work in the U.S. with its palm-lined streets, scenic waterfront views, quaint shopping districts, historic neighborhoods, and year-round outdoor festivals.
1. Beaches: The climate of West Palm Beach is subtropical, and the city has nearly constant sunshine and only mildly distinguishable seasons. The area's numerous and famed beaches offer sunning, volleyball, swimming, fishing, roller-blading, strolling, and kayaking.
2. Historic homes: West Palm Beach was founded in 1894 by railroad tycoon Henry Flagler to house servants working at hotels on nearby Palm Beach. Many of the city's historic structures were created in the 1920s, when the city swelled. They include Reve d'ete (Garden of Eden), residences and gardens built between 1900 and 1915, and the early-1900s Beach Club.
3. Museums and Zoos: The Norton Museum of Art houses a world-renowned collection of European, American, Chinese, and contemporary art, along with rotating exhibitions. The Whitehall Flagler Museum epitomizes the Beaux Arts mansion style of the U.S. Gilded Age of the 1890s. It includes the history of Flagler's life and career and an extensive lace collection. The Flagler Kenan Pavilion, designed in the style of a 19th-century Beaux Arts railway palace, houses Flagler's private railcar. Other facilities include The Armory Art Center, The South Florida Science Museum, The Elliott Museum, The Hibel Museum of Art, and The Raymond F. Kravis Center. Lion Country Safari is America's first drive-through cageless zoo. It has seven sections: Las Palmas grasslands, five African habitats, and an Indian subcontinent national park.
4. Grassy Waters Preserve: This Florida Everglades habitat accounts for nearly half of the landmass of the city. The 20-square-mile wetlands resource was historically the headwaters of the Everglades system. It offers nature center pavilions, boardwalk trails, hiking, canoeing, programs, entertainment, birding, and nature viewing.
5. National sports teams: Miami is home of NBA champions the Heat, as well as the NFL's Dolphins. Other nearby teams include the Jacksonville Jaguars football team, the Florida Panthers hockey team, and the Florida Marlins baseball team. The area is also well-known for its baseball spring-training facilities, where visitors can watch the action.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at West Palm Beach. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to West Palm Beach||Directions to West Palm Beach||Latitude||Longitude|
|West Palm Bch||0/0||Directions||26.716174||-80.053305|
|North Palm Beach||7/12||Directions||26.81756||-80.08199|
|Royal Palm Beach||11/18||Directions||26.7084||-80.2306|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|