Things to do
Have a Tour at the Green Field Village
With their over 80 authentic and historic structures (from Noah Webster's home to Thomas Edison's laboratory) in their 80-acre village it is like being transported back into the past. It is a great way of paying tribute to the forefather's of our culture.
Visit the Arab American National Museum
It is the first and only Arab American museum in the United States. They have hands-on exhibits that are interactive and they are committed to dismiss the many conceptions on Arab Americans.
Did you know that the Dearborn Inn is one of the first airport hotels in the world?
Best way to Travel Car, Bike
Dearborn is a city in the U.S. state of Michigan. It is situated in the Detroit city and Wayne County, and is the 10th largest city in the U.S. It has a population of 97,775 according to the year 2000 census.
1. A treat for automobile lovers: A visit to the Henry Ford Museum offers an interesting history of America as displayed in the products that changed the culture of the nation and the world. This museum has a 1909 Ford Model T and many other vehicles, but it does not just focus on automobiles, it has a steam engine, a 1930s kitchen, the chair in which Abraham Lincoln was assassinated and many other historic items.
2. Visit an 18th, 19th century village: See the everyday working of an American village during the 18th and 19th centuries, and thereafter a visit to Greenfield Village is in order. One can also witness frequent demonstrations of lost arts. Notable homes and cabins from across the US have also been relocated here.
3. See the history of automobiles: The Automotive Hall of Fame is the auto industry's own memorial to its founders, innovators and captains. It was situated in Midland, Michigan, until this latest 25,000-square-foot building was constructed. Interactive exhibits and historical information flourish throughout the Hall.
4. View the first automobile plant: The Ford Rouge Factory was the first car manufacturing plant that used an assembly line to produce cars. There are narrated bus tours that take one round past famous landmarks and a behind the scenes view of this huge manufacturing complex. At the Rare Historic Footage Viewing discover about the triumphs and misfortunes surrounding the Rouge.
5. Tickle your palate: A treat for those who love seafood, Big Fish is a livelier place than the typical seafood diner. Famous restaurant, Chuck Muer, consists of two dining rooms, an open-air patio for summer eating and a big cocktail and steamer bar. The ambiance is informal, and the all-seafood menu is extensive.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Dearborn. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Dearborn||Directions to Dearborn||Latitude||Longitude|
|Detroit Metropolitan Airport||11/18||Directions||42.225435||-83.34864|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|