Compare Deals to Find a Dependable Car Rental in Portland
Portland, the most populated city in Oregon, is located near the Columbia River. This city features volcanoes that have erupted as well as having the largest park in the United States within a city. There are plenty of activities, attractions, and destinations on the streets to keep the entertainment flowing.
There are numerous locations within Portland to rent a car and get around with ease. VroomVroomVroom compares available vehicles from Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise Car Rental, E-Z Rent-A-Car, Fox, Hertz, National, Payless, and Thrifty Car Rental, including all of the local providers in Portland! A cheap car rental will make your stay convenient and allow for more time to enjoy everything this town has to offer!
Reasons to book a rental car with VroomVroomVroom
At VroomVroomVroom we offer several advantages when you're planning to book a car rental in Portland, or anywhere in Oregon. You can count on us, because we're the leaders in rental car rate comparison worldwide, and we can help you find the lowest prices in Portland! Other advantages of booking with us include:
- Zero booking and modification fees
- There are no cancellation fees if cancelled before 48 hours of collection
- More pick up and drop off locations
- More vehicle selection
- Secured booking
- Our price promise assures you of getting a great deal
- Friendly customer care team ready to help so feel free to contact us
Best time to visit Portland
Driving tips in Portland
Drive over to Lan Su Chinese Garden to enjoy a wonderful landscape experience. If you're a book lover, you may want to check out the massive Powell's City of Books and enjoy a delicious, hot cup of coffee while you're there. If you love tours, the Pittock Mansion will provide an amazing exploration of a century-old 23-story mansion. If you drive over to Washington Park, the Oregon Zoo can provide an enjoyable adventure of wildlife.
Experience Portland in a cheap car rentalHaving a car rental is essential to making your way around the city of Portland, especially if you want time to see more of what this magnificent city has to offer. Finding a cheap rental car is not hard in Portland, especially with many car rental locations to choose from. Jump in your rental car and head to the 3D Center of Art and Photography in Portland! Check out the old style 3D vintage cameras and other types of viewing devices on display, which also include information panels that will take you through the history of 3D!
5 Things to do in “Portland”
Portland, Oregon provides visitors with a stunning array of facilities, nestling amidst stylish facilities, offering a delightful trip for all ages and tastes. The top 5 things to do are: 1. Chinese Garden. Visit the Chinese Garden, situated on the Willamette River. This garden has been designed to be an exact image of a classical, serene Chinese garden. With its traditional Chinese architecture and a quaint tearoom, you could be thousands of miles away, in the heart of China. A real treat for the senses. For more information on the Gardens click on the link.
2. Saturday Market near Burnsside Bridge. For authentic Portland why not take a trip to the Saturday Market near Burnsside Bridge? A huge open air market, hosting hundreds of stalls, kiosks and tents, this market also is the pitch for musicians, magicians and street entertainers. The food vendors alone make this visit worthwhile and you get a real taste of Portland's way of life.
3. Rose Test garden. Indulge your sense of smell with the wonderful aromas to be found in the Rose Test garden, on Kingston Avenue. First established in 1917, this garden boasts a huge range of roses, many which are extremely rare and fast becoming unique. For more information on the Rose Gardens click on the link.
4. Oregon Maritime Museum. Spend a day at the Oregon Maritime Museum, which is actually a tugboat called the Portland. This gives a real flavour of the history of Portland (and Oregon) and the important role which the rivers and sea have played in shaping modern day Portland.
5. World Forestry Centre and Museum. Learn a little about forestry and its history at the World Forestry Centre and Museum SW Canyon Road, which shows just how important forestry is in Oregon and the role of conservation in forestry.