5 Things You Must Do in Tequesta
Tequesta, Florida, offers offshore breezes, hundreds of miles of white sands, rippling waves and beauty that doesn't quit. That's what Tequesta is all about.
1. Visit the Burt Reynolds Museum: Fans of the famous actor will love to visit the Burt Reynolds and Friends Museum, which contains memorabilia and artifacts collected by the actor throughout his famous life.
2. See the Busch Wildlife Sanctuary: Located near Tequesta in Jupiter, this sanctuary offers care to sick and injured wildlife. A great place for both adults and children to visit, it's a learning experience that you won't soon forget.
3. Visit the Lighthouses: The Tequesta area has a large number of lighthouses to visit and explore.
4. Climb aboard the Manatee Queen Pontoon Boat: For some watery entertainment, take a ride on the Intracostal Waterway and the Loxahatchee River on the pontoon boat that's sure to entertain young and old alike.
5. Tour the Marinelife Center: Located a short drive from Tequesta, the Marinelife Center offers visitors an up close and personal encounter with endangered and protected sea turtles. Visit the labs and the sea turtle hospital and the aquarium for a once in a lifetime experience.