Settled in 1636, Cranston is located in east-central Rhode Island. It borrows its name from the governor of Rhode Island during colonial times. Starting as a textile centre in the 19th century, it has become an industrial city. In terms of population, Cranston is the 3rd largest city in the state.
1. Visit the governor's mansion: To have glimpses of the colonial era, a visit to historical houses is an interesting activity in Cranston. Governor Sprague Mansion built in 1790 exhibits the prosperity of the Sprague family. It has been preserved in the original form with all the belongings of the Sprague family. In the lovely carriage house, built in 1864, the carts, winter sleighs and carriages owned by the family are still there. The farmhouse built by a farmer, Job Joy, is another example of 18th century architecture.
2. Spend a day outdoors: From festivity to a tranquil day on emerald plains, Cranston Country Club is your destination. It is an exclusive location for family events, delicious food, and pleasant golfing in an 18 holes golf course.
3. Go boating: When in Cranston one should not miss the yachting and sailing thrill. Rhode Island Yacht Club and Edgewood Yacht Club on Narragansett Bay provide fun-filled but safe yachting opportunities with up to date marine facilities.
4. Go for a picnic: For picnicking, wild life observation and enthralling walks, the parks of Cranston on panoramic locations aptly serve the purpose. Sea view Park, Ocean Avenue and Still House Cove near Narragansett Bay, are must visit places.
5. See a village: Visiting Pawtuxet Village is a lifetime experience, being one of the oldest communities in New England. The village is unique as its northern part is in the Cranston, while its southern region is in another town, Warwick. Pawtuxet River flows through the town. Its colonial times homes and buildings, outstanding boating and recreation opportunities and water mills, rank it as a spectacular tourist point.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Cranston. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Cranston||Directions to Cranston||Latitude||Longitude|
|Warwick - TF Green Airport||4/6||Directions||41.724181||-71.428054|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|