Dunwoody Car Rental Comparison
Top Attractions within Dunwoody
The Dunwoody Village is actually the historic district of Dunwoody. Here you can see residential buildings and other constructions the date back to the original founding of the city. The identity of the place is given by the unique and unifying architectural style, which has been carefully preserved and respected in all the buildings, the Colonial Williamsburg style. People may come here to visit the village as a walking tour or even visit some of the open houses or those that function as different institutions.
The Perimeter Mall is the regional shopping center of all around Dunwoody. The mall is located in the Perimeter Center district, where all the most expensive housings, deluxe accommodations and high end shopping facilities reside. This is due to the fact that most of the major businesses that have come to Dunwoody, have settled in this area, making the center into a state-of-the-art modern edge city. The mall was first opened in 1971 and now has about 200 stores and service providers. People may like to shop in one of the dedicated boutiques and stores or at one of the major retailers, such as: Bloomingdale's, Macy's, Nordstrom and Dillard's.
The Tilly Mill District is the one that houses the Dunwoody campus of the Georgia Perimeter College and several other very important Dunwoody landmarks. Some of the attractions to be seen here have a very important historical value and others are more connected to the natural environment. In this side of the city, you can relax and take on some leisure activities in the famous Dunwoody Park called Brook Run. The park incorporates all sorts of trails, for walking and bicycle rides, children's playgrounds, the community garden and the Veteran's Memorial. This district houses numerous churches of all religious affiliations, that can be visited in order to admire different beliefs or simply for their beautiful architectural styles.
Top 5 Things to Do in Dunwoody
Dunwoody, a suburb of Atlanta, is part of DeKalb County in Georgia. Situated at the northern tip of DeKalb County this 12.1 square mile affluent town has much to offer.
1. Shop at Perimeter Mall: This 1,544,288 square foot mall is a regional attraction.
This upscale mall includes Nordstrom's, Dillard's, Macy's, and Bloomingdale's as its anchor stores.
2. Ride the Train: While visiting Perimeter Mall pick up the train. The southwest
corner of the mall serves as the station for this elevated train that is part of the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority(MARTA). There are 38 train stations along the 48 miles of track within the MARTA.
3. Visit Dunwoody Nature Center: Located in Dunwoody Park, the Dunwoody Nature
Center provides opportunities to explore the sights and sounds of the wetlands. Walk the wetland boardwalk, do some bird watching while hiking along the woodland and streamside trails, and enjoy educational exhibits. The park is open from sunup to sundown with the hours for the nature center being 9 am-5pm Monday through Friday.
4. Play at the Children's Adventure Garden: The Children's Adventure Garden is the main attraction at Brook Run Park. This premier playground attracts families from across the county. It features two playgrounds for children ages 2-5 and two playgrounds for children ages 5-12. Children will enjoy sliding, swinging, and climbing on the equipment. A unique feature is the sidewalk of gentle waves, perfect for tri-cycling toddlers.
5. Enjoy a play presented by the Stage Door Players: The Stage Door Players is a professional theater that operates year round. Their productions include popular, impressive, and charming shows. In 2006 Stage Door Jr., was launched which features Saturday shows for children.