Book a Top Car Rental in Fall River - Fast and Easy
Fall River is in Bristol County, Massachusetts. This 38.2 square mile city is part of the Providence-Fall River-Warwick metropolitan area. Fall River is home to one of the largest Portuguese speaking communities in the United States and boasts of many famous ethnic restaurants. Fall River is just 15 miles away from what is known as the "Portuguese Feast" the annual Feast of the Blessed Sacrament in New Bedford.
Top 5 Things to Do in Fall River
1. Tour Battleship Cove: Tour the authentic World War II Navy warships and learn about the largest collection of Navy warships in the wold at Battleship Cove. Also catch a panoramic view of the fleet of ships while riding the vintage handcrafted carousel located under a Victorian pavilion at Battleship Cove.
2. Visit the Fall River Historical Society: This 1843 Greek Revival Style mansion was once a station for the Underground Railroad. A vast collection of artifacts detailing the rich history of Fall River as the heart of textile manufacturing for the world is displayed.
3. Tour the Lizzie Borden Home: On August 4, 1892 Lizzie Borden was accused of killing her parents in this Fall River home. Lizzie was tried and found not guilty of the crime, but was ostracized by people in the community. The site it all happened in has been turned into a bed and breakfast. Take a tour or spend a night in this restored Greek-revival style home to learn all of the details about one of the most famous unsolved crimes in American history.
4. Old Colony and Fall River Railroad Museum: Railroad memorabilia is displayed
in boxcars and offers visitors the chance to learn about the development of the railroad and the history it played in the textile industry of Fall River.
5. Dine at the International Institute of Culinary Arts: Dine at one of five restaurants at the institute. The Abbey Grill, once a church, is the main teaching facility where you can observe as your lunch is prepared by one of the chefs in training.
Top Attractions within Fall River
The Marine Museum at Fall River is the place to visit if you want to learn more about the history, culture and traditions of the region. You will also find a gift shop here, where you can buy souvenirs, memorabilia and presents for your beloved ones. An interesting fact about this museum is that it claims to host the largest Titanic exhibition in the world. Well, you will have to go and see for yourself!
Battleship Cove was established in 1965 as a nonprofit maritime museum and war memorial, who has the purpose of educating the population regarding the wartime crew of the World War II battleship USS Massachusetts.
Kennedy Park is a fun filled place, perfect for those who want to spend a relaxing day in the outdoors. This 57 acre historic park was built in 1868 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. The park offers numerous amenities, including recreation fields and a baseball field, as well as a great view of Mount Hope Bay.