Fall River is in Bristol County, Massachusetts. This 38.2 square mile city is part of the Providence-Fall River-Warwick metropolitan area. Fall River is home to one of the largest Portuguese speaking communities in the United States and boasts of many famous ethnic restaurants. Fall River is just 15 miles away from what is known as the "Portuguese Feast" the annual Feast of the Blessed Sacrament in New Bedford.
1. Tour Battleship Cove: Tour the authentic World War II Navy warships and learn about the largest collection of Navy warships in the wold at Battleship Cove. Also catch a panoramic view of the fleet of ships while riding the vintage handcrafted carousel located under a Victorian pavilion at Battleship Cove.
2. Visit the Fall River Historical Society: This 1843 Greek Revival Style mansion was once a station for the Underground Railroad. A vast collection of artifacts detailing the rich history of Fall River as the heart of textile manufacturing for the world is displayed.
3. Tour the Lizzie Borden Home: On August 4, 1892 Lizzie Borden was accused of killing her parents in this Fall River home. Lizzie was tried and found not guilty of the crime, but was ostracized by people in the community. The site it all happened in has been turned into a bed and breakfast. Take a tour or spend a night in this restored Greek-revival style home to learn all of the details about one of the most famous unsolved crimes in American history.
4. Old Colony and Fall River Railroad Museum: Railroad memorabilia is displayed
in boxcars and offers visitors the chance to learn about the development of the railroad and the history it played in the textile industry of Fall River.
5. Dine at the International Institute of Culinary Arts: Dine at one of five restaurants at the institute. The Abbey Grill, once a church, is the main teaching facility where you can observe as your lunch is prepared by one of the chefs in training.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Fall River. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Fall River||Directions to Fall River||Latitude||Longitude|
|Warwick - TF Green Airport||14/23||Directions||41.724181||-71.428054|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|