Pebble Beach Car Rental Comparison: Affordable car rental packages
Pebble Beach is a small unincorporated community located in Monterey County, California, United States of America. Pebble Beach has almost 5000 residents and among them, famous people like actor Client Eastwood, computer scientist Gary Kildall, actor Greg London, comedian George Lopez and astronaut Alan Shepard. Most businesses developing in Pebble Beach are owned by Pebble Beach Company and the city boasts of old and expensive house. A very interesting thing to know about Pebble Beach is that it has no boardwalks. The city is fascinating and if you want to visit it, you will find in a small area great points of interest. With a car rental, you can easily access some of the attractions below:
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance is a charitable event held each year in Pebble Beach. The theme of the event is always the same - the classic car, and it is the most elegant event of this kind held in America. It was established more than 50 years ago. In present, for a whole week, magnificent prewar and postwar cars are exposed for locals and tourists to admire. The festival does not have a fixed date, that is why is better to check before visiting. Even so, Concours d'Elegance is the most expected event in Pebble Beach. The funds raised during this exhibition go to the Pebble Beach Company Foundation.
The Lone Cypress is a tree located in a secluded area of Pebble Beach and is considered to be a symbol of the community. If you pass along 17-Mile Drive, you will be able to admire the beautiful tree growing alone on a beautiful cliff.
Pebble Beach Golf Links is a public golf course, one of the most beautiful in the world. It was opened in 1919 and is a great attraction of Pebble Beach thanks to its beautiful views on the Pacific Ocean. If you are not a passionate golf player, but you still want to enjoy the beautiful scenery, you can dine in one of the restaurants owned in the area by Pebble Beach Company..
5 Things to do in Pebble Beach
Pebble Beach is a select community sited on the Monterey Peninsula, which is to the south of San Francisco. The golf club is one of the most exclusive and impressive in the world, which makes it is a major draw for visitors. So if golf is your scene, Pebble Beach will be a dream. But there are attractions for everyone, these are:
1. The 17 mile drive- Described by some as one of the most scenic drives in the world, this drive, takes you through stunning coastal views, along the coast of the Pacific, featuring the Cypress tree (right) which stands alone and forlorn looking out to sea, as well as opportunities to see native wildlife and (in Pebble Beach) some expensive real estate!
2. Pebble Beach shopping- Shopping in Pebble Beach is expensive, with exclusive boutiques being the order of the day, but even a relaxing coffee in one of the many cafes and bars can be an interesting experience, watching the wealthy at work and play.
3. Spas- Pebble Beach and luxury go hand in hand, so no trip would be complete without a serious pampering session at a Spa in Pebble Beach, of which there is an extensive choice.
4. Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row- Venture out to the town of Monterey which houses the interesting Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row. Only a few minutes away from Pebble Beach, the Aquarium has done a lot of work in conserving and protecting rare species and offers a fascinating insight into marine conservation.
5. Get Back to Nature- The wildlife in Pebble Beach is amazing, with cormorants, pelicans, seals and whales all easily seen without too much effort. A real cornucopia of wildlife awaits those who will just take life a little slowly and open their eyes to what surrounds them.
From high class golf, to sea views, Pebble Beach will excite the most weary of travelers. Take the tiresome bore out of public transport and drive yourself to this idyllic town. A cheap car rental really is the best way to go.