Santee Car Rental Comparison: Best car hire at the lowest possible price
Fun Fact: Santee is a very popular spot for mountain bikers. The city also hosts the popular Southern California rock climbing venue called “Santee Boulders”.
Santee is a nice suburban city, located in California, United States. Located in San Diego County, Santee has an area of 16.528 square miles and a population of more than 53,400 residents, as the 2010 census indicated. Santee was incorporated only in 1980, although the history of the city starts years back, being first settled as a village. Santee is located at only 18 miles distance from the Pacific Ocean. Santee is filled with recreational venues and there are many lovely places that can be visited in this area of the United States.
Top Attractions within Santee
Regional Park and Campground is a wonderful natural venue of Santee. The place has an area of 190 acres and it is the perfect spot for fishing, camping, but also picnicking and bird watching. Visiting this venue is a great idea if you want to enjoy simple, relaxing walks, too.
Marieta's Restaurant is a great place to eat in, while being in Santee. The food here is really delicious, while the service is very fast. Although the food is great and fresh, you will not have to wait too long to have it served. If you love Mexican food, this is a spot not to miss.
Mimi's Cafe is a lovely Santee restaurant. The menu includes a wide variety of food and no matter the American specialties you are going to choose, the food will surely be amazingly tasty. The service is quick, while the staff very friendly. The place is actually perfect for the entire family.
Creation and Earth History Museum is a great place to be at if you are interested in the history of the area, but not only. Here you will be able to visit some very interesting exhibits. The Garden Room, the Ancient Civilization Room, but also the Grand Canyon Wall, can be seen within the museum.
Woodglen Vista Park is a lovely 10 acres park. The place is great to visit for a relaxing walk, but also for recreational sports. The amenities of the park include basketball and tennis courts, open green scape, but also picnic tables and playgrounds for children..
Five Things You Must Do in Santee
Santee is a city located in San Diego, California of the United States. The city derives its name from Milton Santee, who was quite popular as a rancher. Santee has a population slightly over 50,000 with the ethnic makeup being largely dominated Caucasians.
1. Explore the Mission Trails Regional Park: This municipality park is the largest in the United States. It consists of both natural and developed recreation centers comprised of canyons and hillocks. The highest point is 485 m high and serves as a spot for hiking, mountain biking, equestrian trails and other sports.
2. Exert your muscles at Santee Boulders: Santee Boulders is a famous rock climbing area in north Santee. The thin faces and mantels pose a challenging venue for the climbers, thus adding to the charm and utility of the spot. People have yearned for decades to climb this rocky terrain.
3. Explore the exquisiteness of Santee Lakes: Santee Lakes are extremely exotic with respect to the demographical spread as well as the lush green flora of the area. The park has special arrangements to showcase the high points of the Lakes as well as to engage in activities like boating and dynamic water sports.
4. Golf around at Carlton Oaks Country Club: The golf course has been dye-designed with some of the beautiful naturally occurring geographical features. The venue consists of an 18-hole course with a slope of 137.
5. Game up at Laser Storm: This gaming center facilitates checking out thrilling new games accompanied by headsets and vests. The loud, realistic game sounds along with strobe lights heighten the pleasure of gaming.