Five Things You Must Do in Lawton
The city was founded in 1901, and is located at the southwestern part of Oklahoma. The city is also known as the commercial capital of Oklahoma because of the presence of natural granite deposits and the rich cotton fields.
1. Visit the Wichita Mountains: The best thing that tourists can do in these mountains is enjoy some truly fine camping. Visitors are provided with many choices of campsites that are fully equipped to deliver the best services. Rock climbing is another of the fun and exciting choices that visitors can choose from. With several cliffs and rugged passages the mountain range will surely live up to the expectation of the tourists. For more information on the Mountains click on the link.
2. Go to the Post Oak Falls: The only natural waterfall in the region, this site is the central attraction for weekend visitors. The fall is about 60 feet high and creates a spectacular view when the water crashes down on the rocks at the bottom.
3. Check out the Indian Graveyards: Spread over a radius of about five miles the cemetery contains mostly graves of famous Indian chiefs. This site is most famous for being the resting place of one of the most famous Indians chiefs who ever lived – Geronimo.
4. Spend a day at the Holy City of Wichitas: In this place, tourists can get to see a replica of the holy city of Jerusalem. This city was founded in the early 1900's by Reverend Anthony, who while passing through the area, thought the place had some similarities to the holy city of Jerusalem. For more information on the Holy City click on the link.
5. Get fascinated by the Narrows: In this place, the 200 foot walls of the Cache Creek close in and create a natural stone formation called The Narrows. This is also a popular picnic area for the tourists offering stunning scenery and a spectacular view.