Duarte Car Rental Comparison
Top Attractions within Duarte
The Rancho Duarte Golf Course is one of the major golfing establishments in the Duarte region. It offers high class country club opportunities that are not only available to gentlemen, as they were in the old days, but also to ladies, as the club features a special program and subscription for women players. The club house incorporates a lovely terrace that can be used for dinning and that is famously called “Cuisine on the Green”. People may participate in tournaments hosted by the Rancho, rent out courses for private games or take up lessons to improve themselves.
The Encanto Park is a great place to spend warm weekends outside with your family and friends. The grounds of the park will allow you to take up sports and have a great deal of fun, while remaining active during your vacation. The Encanto Park may be the place where you can enjoy wildlife and bird watching, hiking, biking and walking on the designated trails. It is a great spectacle of nature and environmental elements so close to the city.
Duarte Family Annual Events are one of the most prided parts of the Duarte community. The locals and administration here have placed a great importance on the values of love and respect for your family. Throughout the year there are a couple of celebrations that come into this category: Family Swim Days, Summer Concerts, Annual City Anniversary Picnic, Tree Lighting Ceremony and other family recreational activities.
The Duarte Sports Park is the place where you can find fields and rentable equipment for any kind of sport you may wish to play. There are designated fields and grounds that can be rented out for sporting events, other private, public or even corporate. Many of the local tournaments and championships take place here.
Top 5 Things to do in Duarte
Located in Los Angles County of California is the city of Duarte. It was initially inhabited by Native Americans of the Tongva tribe. The Spanish were the first to come here, opening the first mission in 1771 and taught the Tongva people agriculture. This city was named after the land that was granted to a former Mexican corporal and his wife. Duarte is known as a bedroom community. The San Gabriel River and the quarry operations isolate this city.
1. Go for a hike: There are a number of hiking trails that one can take from Duarte to Fish Canyon Falls, Mt. Bliss and Monrovia Peak.
2. Visit a museum: The Duarte Historical Society has played an active role in setting up this museum with a collection of historical items that have been collected from this area. They also have created a large bronze horse with Andres Duarte riding it. This is a large public art project and the society hopes to make it an icon for the city.
3. Donate blood at the City of Hope: The City of Hope was established in 1928 as a tent hospital for tuberculosis patients. It has over the years become one of the leading cancer research hospitals and if one wants to donate blood for a worthy, cause this is the place to visit.
4. Catch a movie at a drive in: The Big City Drive-in Theater is one of the old attractions of the town and one can still catch a drive-in movie here.
5. Take a swim: The city council has taken over and renovated the old municipal swimming pool which is now known as Aqualand.