Advantage Terms & Conditions
The below T&Cs (including prices and taxes) are provided by Advantage and may change without notice to VroomVroomVroom.com.
This quote includes:
- all taxes, airport taxes and surcharges if applicable,
- Stated mileage amount (generally unlimited, see below for extra mileage charges)
- Vehicle Registration fee,
- One way fees if applicable,
- All vehicle fees related to the booking e.g. Vehicle drop fees, all recovery fees, premium location fees, corporate location fees wherever applicable.
This quote will not include:
- Insurance (See next paragraph*)
- Age Surcharge for drivers 21-24: $25.00* per day.
- Child seats or booster seats (Cost varies at locations but is typically $9.99* per day or $49.95* per day.
- GPS: for a cost of up to $19.95/day* (Cost varies by location)
- Extra miles (if your rental has limited mileage, each additional mile over the limit will be charged at $0.25).
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival, e.g. Ski Rack, Snow Tires .
- All extras and additional services will attract additional local percentage taxes and surcharges.
* Important information about car rental insurance
For US citizens
Customers wishing to rent who reside within 65 mile radius of location where rental transaction is to be opened must present a return flight segment of a round trip airline ticket or electronic ticket for a flight leaving from within the renting state.
Customers who reside within the 65 mile radius without a return airline ticket and wish to rent a car will be required to show: written proof of liability insurance covering injury to third persons or their property and collision and comprehensive insurance covering any Advantage vehicle while on rent.
If the Advantage agent is unable to verify proof when calling the insurance company, the rental transaction will be declined. Renters traveling on official government business, on military leave, or with an approved CID number are exempt from the local renter policy.
Visiting the US from another country
It is illegal to drive in the US without car insurance. Your travel insurance probably only covers the excess so check the fine print in your travel insurance policy.
For more information please see our U.S. car rental insurance guide.
See below for more Advantage Terms and Conditions
All extras and additional services will attract additional local percentage taxes and surcharges. Prices below are exclusive of these as they vary state to state.
OR See Advantage for further details
An acceptable valid driver's license, issued from your country of residence, MUST be presented at time of rental. The driver's license must be valid for the entire rental period. If the driver's license is in a language other than English, and the rental is in the United States, an International Driver's Permit is recommended. In all cases, a valid driver's license issued in your home country must be provided, whether or not you possess an International Driver's Permit. You will not be allowed to rent an Advantage vehicle with only an International Driver's Permit.
A third form of I. D. may be required on some vehicles. The third I. D. form can be any one of the following:
- Acceptable charge card other than the one being used or a Debit Card for I. D. only
- Airline ticket or boarding pass in the name of the renter arriving at the local airport within the last 24 hours or Return airline ticket in the name of the renter departing from the airport where the vehicle is being returned
- Government Issued Picture I. D. (such as valid Passport, State Issued I.D., or Military I.D. with picture).
- A current utility bill in the name and address of the renter (address on the bill presented must match the address on the driver's license). Utility bill payments reflected on the bill may not be past due.
Renters and additional drivers must be at least 21 years of age with valid driver license and major credit card issued in their own name. For renters who are 21-24 years old an age differential charge of $25 USD/day will apply.
Acceptable Authorized Operators age 25 and older are automatically covered on the Rental Agreement.
Authorized Operators are:
- The employer, employee or fellow employee of renter on company business, (when booking includes company Corporate Discount Number).
- The renter's spouse for rentals that originate in California, Nevada or New York.
- The spouse (including partners in Vermont Civil Unions) or domestic partner of Advantage Number One Club, Number One Club Gold or Platinum members.
- Authorized Operators do not have to be present at time of rental.
- There are no fees for Authorized Operators.
Additional authorized operators can be added at the time of rental or at any Advantage rental location. The primary renter and each Additional Authorized Operator must be present to sign the rental agreement and must meet normal rental qualifications, such as showing a valid driver license, and meeting all age requirements.
Additional Driver Fees: Around USD 12.00 per day for each Additional Authorized Operator.
Payment Policy: Credit & Debit Cards
Payment Policy – Credit Cards
Acceptable charge cards include American Express, MasterCard, Discover, Visa, Bank Americard, Optima Amex. Credit cards must have the available cred for the estimated amount of the rental charges plus up to $200 in order to secure the rental.
Credit card should be in the same name as the main driver and match the name from their drivers license.
Payment Policy – Debit Cards
Debit/Check Cards must have the available funds of the estimated amount of the rental charges plus up to $350 in order to secure the rental.
Eligible debit card must have Visa, MasterCard, or Discover logo. Store value/prepaid/gift cards are not acceptable to qualify for rental however these cards may be used for payment at return.
Please note that at the time of rental you will need to present 1) a current driver license and 2) a valid credit or charge card in the renters name. Use of a debit card to rent a vehicle is subject to review of your credit history at the time of your rental. (Note: A confirmation of your reservation does not mean that your debit/check card is acceptable to Advantage).
NOTE: Refunds of your deposit or any other funds owed to you are posted by Advantage upon close of your contract when you return the vehicle. However, depending on your financial institution, can take up to 21 days to process.
Advantage has three refueling options available to meet your needs.
1) FUEL NOW - you may purchase a tank of gas from Advantage at the time of rental and return the vehicle with as little gas as you like. Please be aware that Advantage is unable to issue a refund for unused fuel. However, this method eliminates the need for you to refuel the tank prior to returning.
2) FUEL LATER - You can let Advantage refuel for you. You pay for the fuel required to replace the fuel you used and for the service and convenience of refueling the tank.
3) SELF SERVE -You refuel the tank yourself immediately prior to returning the vehicle. Pricing for each option varies and is available at the rental counter.
Advantage cars may be driven into Canada but the following restrictions apply:
Advantage vehicles may be driven into Canada. They do not require presentation of liability protection letters, certificates or stickers at customs. A passport is now required to enter Canada. Canadian customs and excise regulations prohibit Canadian residents from driving United States rental vehicles in Canada and returning to the United States.
Residency is based on the primary renter.
Renters may only drive in Canada for 30 days unless extension is requested from Customs at the time of entry.
Advantage vehicles may not be driven into Mexico.
For those travelers who are accustomed to showing a driver's license and other forms of identification when traveling between Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the United States, the rules are about to change.
Effective midnight January 8, 2007, those traveling by air or sea between these destinations must have a valid passport to enter or re-enter the United States. U.S. citizens traveling between the United States and it's territories (Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands and American Samoa) will continue to be able to use established forms of identification to board flights and for entry.
Those driving between the United States and Canada and Mexico will not be required to present a valid passport at land border crossings until January 1, 2008.
The new requirements are part of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), which is one element of a much larger bill, the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004.
Baby, Child and Booster Seats
These can be requested by emailing email@example.com or easier still - reply to your confirmation email. Please advise the age of your baby or child. Cost varies at locations but is typically $9.99 per day plus local tax and surcharges with a total of $49.95 per week.
Child Seats Infant (CSI) - Infant seats are available for back seat use only. The infant seats are for infants from 5-20 pounds up to 26 inches long. The renter will be provided with the manufacturer's installation instructions at the counter so he/she can correctly install the seat.
Child Seat Toddler (CST) - Toddler seats are available for back seat use only. Toddler seats are for children weighing from 20-40 pounds up to 40 inches tall. The renter will be provided with the manufacturer's installation instructions at the
Child Seat Booster (BST) - Booster seats are available for back seat use only. The booster seats are for children weighing from 40-100 pounds, from 35-54 inches tall.
These can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or easier still - reply to your confirmation email. GPS Travel Tablet (MTECH) - portable GPS Plus systems are available at many locations for a cost of up to $19.95/day. Replacement cost is $500 USD.
Ski Rack/Snow Tires
Ski Rack/Snow Tires (SKV) - Ski equipped vehicles are available at select locations. This includes mud/all weather tires and ski racks. The cost is 11.99 USD/day. **CHAINS ARE NOT AVAILABLE** These can be requested by emailing email@example.com or easier still - reply to your confirmation email.
CDW (Collision Damage Waiver)
CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) is not insurance. This coverage eliminates the renter and/or any authorized drivers financial responsibility if the vehicle is involved in an accident as long as the terms and conditions of the rental agreement have not been violated. If the terms and conditions are violated, CDW is void and the renter is fully responsible for all costs associated with the repair of the rental vehicle and or any other related fees. If you decline CDW, you may be responsible for up to the full market value of the car in the event of an accident. If involved in an accident, you must contact your insurance company and obtain a claim number. CDW does not cover any third party`s or unauthorized drivers.Theft, glass, tires, acts of God, and fees associated with the collection of the damages are not covered. If the rental vehicle is damaged or you are involved in an accident/incident, you must contact the local Police Department and obtain an accident report. Failure to obtain an accident report will void CDW. CDW does not have a deductible. CDW cannot be purchased by underage renters, local renters, and those paying up front with debit cards. These renters must provide proof of full coverage insurance to rent a vehicle.
CDW cost is $24.99/day and up, unless otherwise regulated by State Law.
Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) is available for an additional daily charge for each rental day. Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) is a secondary insurance product that picks up where primary liability (state statutory limits) leaves off. When combined with primary liability coverage, SLI provides the renter and any authorized driver up to $1,000,000 of liability protection for third party claims due to bodily injury or property damage. In order for SLI to pay on a claim, however, the state statutory limits must first at least be satisfied. The policy will respond only after all other available insurance has been exhausted.
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) coverage is available in combination with Personal Effects Coverage (PEC) for an additional daily charge for each rental day. PAI coverage: Benefit Schedule Renter/Each Passenger Accidental Death USD 250,000.00 / USD 100,000.00 Accidental Medical Expenses (reimbursed) not to exceed USD 2,500.00 Ambulance Expenses not to exceed USD 500.00. Total benefits for any one accident are limited to USD 458,000.00 and are payable in addition to any other coverage for which you, authorized drivers or your passengers are eligible. However, your benefits provided by other coverage may be affected by the PAI benefits. If this coverage is accepted, the benefits for you apply to all accidental injuries during your rental period, regardless of whether you are actually in the car.Your passengers are also covered, but only for incidents occurring while they occupy the Advantage rental car.