Compare Rates to Book a Top Car Rental in Durham
Durham, North Carolina is a 229 square mile single city county. Healthcare is a major industry in this city giving it the name “City of Medicine, USA.” The city invites you to explore the diverse attractions in this “colorful, creative, and entrepreneurial community.”
Top 5 Things to Do in Durham
1. Brightleaf Square: Brightleaf Square has been one of the leaders in the revitalization of downtown Durham. These historic tobacco warehouses, built between 1900 to 1904, are now home to many retailers. Spend the afternoon shopping at quaint shops and then dine at one of the various restaurants.
2. Downtown Durham Walking Tour: The Preservation Durham organization offers
free guided walking tours through historical downtown Durham every Saturday from April through November at 10:00am. Meet your guide at the Durham Farmer's Market and enjoy learning about the rich history of Durham.
3. Duke University: A trip to Durham would be incomplete without a tour of the Blue
Devils' campus. In 2007, this prestigious university, originally founded in 1838, was ranked 13th in the world by THES-QS World University Rankings. Check Duke's website for guided tour times
4. Durham Bulls Athletic Park: Attend a Triple A league Durham Bulls baseball game at this beautiful ballpark. The ballpark was built in 1995 to resemble an old time park and to blend in with the architecture of historic downtown.
5. North Carolina Museum of Life and Science: Durham is known for its research and innovation in science so you would not want to miss a trip to the science museum. This state of the art museum was ranked among the top 4 family friendly museums in the southeast by “Family Fun” Magazine. Spend the day engaging in hands on science displays and participating in live demonstrations.