Lanette is a small city located in Chambers County, Alabama, United States of America. Lanette was initially named Bluffton and is located on the Chattahoochee River. Lafayette Lanier and Theodore Bennett were the founders of the West Point Manufacturing Company and the name of the city – Lanette was inspired by their names. It was incorporated on December 7, 1865. Lanette has the purpose to foster innovation and cooperation within the community. If you plan to see Alabama, make sure Lanette is on your list of places to visit, you will surely not regret it.
Top Attractions within Lanette
Sykes Community Center is a sports complex located in Lanette where most of the locals are frequent visitors. The center promotes a healthy lifestyle and encourages movement and exercising. For locals of Lanette this is a hot spot and a great place to work on their mind and body through sport. If you care to join, you will definitely love it.
Riverside Country Club is a great 9-hole golf course within the city of Lanette. The fun is guaranteed at this entertaining country club where professionals are always available for lessons. If you are a beginner and you want to try playing golf, while having a lot of fun, Riverside is the best place for you in the area of Lanette.
Ocfuskooche Tallauhassee is a historical inscription located downtown Lanette where you can find new and interesting facts about the town. The main event depicted on the inscription is the visit of English traders from Charles Town to Muscogee Indians from Ocfuskooche Tallauhassee – Old Town.
West Point Lake is a great fishing place in Lanette. The lake has about 26.000 acres and an important population of largemouth bass. Of course, other activities are available, too, boating, swimming or sunbathing when the temperature is adequate.
Top 5 Things to Do in Lanette
There are plenty of things to do while staying in Lanette, Alabama. Within driving distance are many parks and outdoor recreational activities as well as historical locations and city destinations.
1. Visit a state park: There are 20 state parks to be found in the area ranging from the state of Tennessee down to the Gulf of Mexico. Hiking and bike trails are located within the parks.
2. Relax on the Lake: West Point Lake is one of the popular reservoirs in the South that has largemouth bass and other game fish. There is a recreation centre available to tourists, as well as a tennis and basketball court. For anyone who enjoys boating, there is a Marina, boat ramp and fishing piers.
3. Visit a historical site: Fort Tyler is the site of one of the last battles of the Civil War. Located on the Alabama-Georgia border, this site features re-enactments of the battles, as well as a glimpse of life during the Civil War.
4. Go shopping: Whether you like shopping in a big city or a small town, Lanette can offer both. Lanette is a short drive away from major cities in Alabama which offer a wide variety of retail destinations to choose from. Closer to Lanette, there are various places to find souvenirs, especially at the historical sites.
5. Go camping: For those who love to spend the night outdoors Lanette offers camping sites such as West Point Lake, the perfect place to relax after a long day on the water.