Harahan Car Rental Comparison
Harahan is a small, yet charming suburb of New Orleans, located in the state of Louisiana. With a population of 9885 according to the 2000 census, Harahan is an ideal holiday destination, since it is away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Harahan was named in honor of James Theodore Harahan, former president of the Illinois Central Railroad. Harahan is home to Colonial Golf and Country Club, one of only three golf courses located in East Jefferson.
Top Attractions Within Harahan
Colonial Bowling Centre is the place in Harahan where you can have lots of fun with your family and friends. The Bowling Centre has more than 24 lanes. The venue also features a Twelve Strike Automatic Scoring with 32" flat screen TVs, a newly renovated game room where you can enjoy the latest arcade and computer games, an adult lounge where you can try out different beverages and a fully functional proshop with the latest equipment.
Harahan Adventure Quest Laser Tag. Want to have fun? Then, this is definitely the place where you can enjoy a captivating game of laser tag with your family and friends. Besides the 6000 square feet multi-level laser tag area, which is set in a Mayan ruins theme, you can also enjoy the 9-hole cosmic mini golf played under black light and of course, the infamous bumper cars. Adventure Quest has something fun for everyone.
The Colonial Country Club is one of the oldest golf courses in Harahan. It was founded in 1927 and it recaptures a time when elegance, sociability and tradition were some of the priorities that could not be ignored. The golf course is a great place for people of all golf skills. You can practice or improve your golf skills. The employees are always happy to provide you with everything necessary in order to make your stay here a pleasant one.
Top 5 Things to Do in Harahan
Harahan is located in Louisiana, 12 miles west of downtown New Orleans and 6 miles southwest of Metairie. The diverse population is made up of white non-Hispanics, Hispanics, Native Americans and African-Americans.
1. Play at the Colonial Golf Course: The 18 hole, 6399 yd, “Colonial” golf course opened in 1925. The slope rating on Bermuda grass is 119.
2. See the River Oaks Hospital: Located in Elmwood Business Park, the hospital is almost 20 minutes from downtown New Orleans and the French Quarter and 15 minutes from the airport. The services provided cover alcohol, dental, dietary, emergency, clinical laboratory, occupational therapy, pharmacy, physical therapy, psychiatric, radiology diagnostic, social and speech pathology.
3. Visit the St. John's Rehabilitation Center: The center is located at 405, Folse Road and amongst the various services offered by this hospital are dietary, clinical laboratory, occupational therapy, pharmacy, physical therapy, radiology diagnostic, social and speech pathology. There are registered nurses, licensed practical or vocational nurses, respiratory therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech pathologists and audiologists.
4. See the Faith Lutheran School: The school, located at 300, Colonial Club Drive, was founded in 1954 and primary grades were started in 1958. Subjects taught are the Bible, language arts, mathematics, social studies, science, health and physical education, the fine arts, Spanish and computer. Spend some time here and relive your school days.
5. Pray at the St. Rita Catholic Church: The church, built in 1950, is located on the banks of the Mississippi River, about 20 minutes from New Orleans Airport and 5 minutes from the Dream Catcher studio. You can come here to pray or simply appreciate the sheer beauty of the architecture.